Author Topic: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?  (Read 38360 times)

albrid-3

Re: Does VMX in Australia need a refresh?
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 10:00:32 pm »
DAVEY, its nice to hear from you, where have you been, shooting up with wild bill hick hock. ;D

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2013, 10:04:30 pm »
Well I think most of you are tunnel vision on racing and winning which be fine, but that not the only thing vmx is about and why it grow so quickly like it did when first started.
 There are to any race meeting on over the 12 month calendar, Now, (VMX IS) about reliving the past and what we rode back then, the bike we would have like to own and couldn't, The bikes we raced and owned what money could buy. Racing vintage motocross is about the bikes, riding gear of the era, past champions and the Tracks that we all rode on, its our memories to share with new and old friends who we rode against. Vintage racing is not about winning Australian titles or a club vmx meeting, taking home trophies, EtC, EtC. You need to change the way you think about this sport, if not, it will dry up and we will have nothing.

dude,yer gunna havta stop wearing your heart on your sleeve, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

albrid-3

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »
matcho mick, see you got home safe, did you enjoy HBBB. winning & racing not everything. mick.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:10:45 pm by Dave #6 »

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2013, 10:08:58 pm »
Sorry,against my better judgement I just can't let that comment slide by Dave.
Can't remember last time you did a Nats, so other than this forum what qualifies you to forcast the demise of CMX?
The Bonanza and CD provide an excellent outlet for those who dont want to race and many who do.
There are also those who are racers. Its not just about winning (most of us will never win any thing other than maybe an age race) but we are racers.
We ride bikes designed and built to race, so we race them.
I started in 1962 on a rigid 350 BSA, and can honestly say I enjoy the competition, atmosphere and friendships as much now if not more.Ive been racing with Bill Watson for exactly 50 years, and still get a buzz out of lining up with him.
If you had been at any of the Nats over the last 10 years or so youd know how silly your prophesy is. Sure, the social events, Broadford and CD are gaining in popularity and that is great, but so are the Nats. I think Conondale, Chrystal Brook and Wyaralong over the past three years were the biggest on record.Ok, the Post Classic has been slow to support a stand alone Nats, but MY prophesy is 2014 will be huge.
Mate there are big numbers of racers, not many of us winners, who love to race our race bred bikes in the arena they were designed for. The pinnacle of that is the Nationals.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2013, 10:25:29 pm »
Well said Col...and in one of your previous posts about "dribble".....8 pages of it so far.....I wonder if it will beat the Suzuki footpeg or alloy swingarm crap.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

albrid-3

« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2013, 10:36:53 pm »
 My last National meeting was cannondale which I enjoyed very much, this year I plan to ride at the national if all goes well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:21:28 pm by Dave #6 »

TM BILL

« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2013, 05:22:00 am »
Geez, watch out people, Dave's gonna put VMX on ebay.....apparantley it's not a keeper  ;D

Thats bloody funny  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2013, 05:32:18 am »
Well I think most of you are tunnel vision on racing and winning which be fine, but that not the only thing vmx is about and why it grow so quickly like it did when first started.
 There are to any race meeting on over the 12 month calendar, Now, (VMX IS) about reliving the past and what we rode back then, the bike we would have like to own and couldn't, The bikes we raced and owned what money could buy. Racing vintage motocross is about the bikes, riding gear of the era, past champions and the Tracks that we all rode on, its our memories to share with new and old friends who we rode against. Vintage racing is not about winning Australian titles or a club vmx meeting, taking home trophies, EtC, EtC. You need to change the way you think about this sport, if not, it will dry up and we will have nothing.

what aload of horse manure,
the social side will always be fine.
i thought this post was refering to the Australian national Titles governed by Motorcycling Australia.
what a waste of time

Worms

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2013, 06:37:40 am »
The Bonanza and CD provide an excellent outlet for those who dont want to race and many who do.
There are also those who are racers. Its not just about winning (most of us will never win any thing other than maybe an age race) but we are racers.
We ride bikes designed and built to race, so we race them.
I started in 1962 on a rigid 350 BSA, and can honestly say I enjoy the competition, atmosphere and friendships as much now if not more.Ive been racing with Bill Watson for exactly 50 years, and still get a buzz out of lining up with him.
If you had been at any of the Nats over the last 10 years or so youd know how silly your prophesy is. Sure, the social events, Broadford and CD are gaining in popularity and that is great, but so are the Nats. I think Conondale, Chrystal Brook and Wyaralong over the past three years were the biggest on record.Ok, the Post Classic has been slow to support a stand alone Nats, but MY prophesy is 2014 will be huge.
Mate there are big numbers of racers, not many of us winners, who love to race our race bred bikes in the arena they were designed for. The pinnacle of that is the Nationals.

Spot on!
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

albrid-3

« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53:17 am »
Well worms, your wrong too.
Does Vmx in Australia need a refresh, the heading said nothing about MA. Vmx needs a refresh, kickstart, go back to the drawing board, bring back the real people who had the vision from the start. Take your hand off it, ;D
Thats what the heading is stating.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:02:21 am by Dave #6 »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09:07 am »
why does it need a refresh then, there's a plenty on non competitive events out there already, so what is your post about, what is your point then Dave, wasn't this post started in relation to the Nationals, or didn't you mean that, bugger if I know what your talking about then.

Worms
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:22:32 am by worms »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2013, 08:15:13 am »
In light of the problem of lack of entries for the 2013 Post Classic MX Champs I thought I'd start this thread, that way nothing can be perceived as having a go at the Lakes Motorcycle Club.

MA
Races
Classes
ok, back to the start just for Dave, 1st line of the topic
 worms

?

albrid-3

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:42 am »
I didn't start this thread at all. I am just expressing my feelings,  Many years ago I formed a 10 man sub-commissions with MV Motorcycling  of Victoria, and we had  old clubs throughout Victoria waiting to host a round of the vintage motocross Titles. Since the split it has turned, there are 6-7 club rounds on the east side and 7 club events on the west side of melbourne. to make this sport survive with high numbers of riders turning up it should come back as a 6 round Victorian Vintage Title and cater for all, tracks will need to be long flowing circuits to suit all. There should be a meeting with VCM, CSC, Viper and solve the problem, sect the top 6 tracks in victoria at this present stage and run with them. and lets have some harmony.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:37:04 am by Dave #6 »

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2013, 08:43:32 am »
SORRY DAVE!, you called me a wanker because I expressed a view on subject. up yours big fella!

albrid-3

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:39 am »
Thats ok Worms, I didn't personally called you a wanker, is was just an overall General expression, if you know what I mean, sorry if I offended you, I do get a bit frustrated at times with vmx, maybe I need to back off.