Author Topic: RM125 B SWINGARM  (Read 18238 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RM125 B SWINGARM
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »
So basically you just need a genuine 'optional' arm from 77 or an early C arm with the bushes instead of bearings and sort out a brake lug.  Simple

What's next?
whats next is already here , its custom made swingarms and billet parts that never existed made to order for who ever has the $.
Seeing any  hypocrisy yet ?

mainline

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2013, 09:24:39 pm »
So basically you just need a genuine 'optional' arm from 77 or an early C arm with the bushes instead of bearings and sort out a brake lug.  Simple

What's next?
whats next is already here , its custom made swingarms and billet parts that never existed made to order for who ever has the $.

I meant "what's next" as in 'problem solved' let's move on
 It's not like anyone is trying to run a 200 in the 125 class. The parts were obviously available, common sense should prevail

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
Someones out of pills.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 10:50:20 pm »

What's next?
Theres Hypocrisy to squash . Take your pick.

I meant "what's next" as in 'problem solved' let's move on
 It's not like anyone is trying to run a 200 in the 125 class. The parts were obviously available, common sense should prevail

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2013, 11:30:25 pm »
Enough is enough. You call me a cheat at every opportunity and in this thread a hypercrit. No threats here. I'm telling you that I won't cop anyone telling me that I'm either.  Over to you for the last 'go' as I'm done with this thread.
 I can eat alphabet soup and shit a better argument than you.
And I'm not your buddy.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:37:55 pm by 090 »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2013, 10:12:29 am »
Enough is enough. You call me a cheat at every opportunity and in this thread a hypercrit. No threats here. I'm telling you that I won't cop anyone telling me that I'm either.  Over to you for the last 'go' as I'm done with this thread.
 I can eat alphabet soup and shit a better argument than you.
And I'm not your buddy.

Well the thread is about a fairly rare pre 78 arm on ebay .I put it up for anyone who might be interested in bidding on it .That is all . Keep trying Mate.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2013, 10:29:23 am »
Anther RM based debate slowly enters the dumbgeon :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2013, 07:57:44 pm »
OK I spoke to 77 yo Alan Craig today, a SUZUKI Dealer from the mid 60's to the late 80's.

Alan sponsored a young Peter Carney on RM80's then RM125's
He also sponsored Chad Reed on RM80's before me.
Anyway Alan's best memory is twofold,
Peter's first year of 125's was the C model, but SUZUKI also gave him a slightly used B model that was fitted with the alloy arm as a practice bike, Alan's memory was the last shipment of B models had the alloy arm in the bike but it was not a floating rear brake. He did not retail any.
Peter went on to win the KID MOTOCROSS series on that C model.
SUZUKI gave Alan lots of trick parts for RM125's including ex Gaston Rahier titanium parts which Alan eventually gave me.
I have stayed out of this debate but I did have RM125 A,B and C's
I believe that there is no advantage in the alloy arm, I believe shocks with adjustable compression and rebound dampening do give an advantage, as does gold valves forks,
What would happen if someone turned up with an ex Gaston factory arm in his bike, how would he prove eligibility ? what if that arm was copied and readily available ?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2013, 08:26:02 pm »
The question then is "Who slightly used the B with the arm fitted before it was given to the dealer? "

Last shipment of B model arrives with no floating rear brake and alloy arm fitted. I am assuming last shipment would be first to second quarter of 1977.

Here is a 77 yr old man , with absolutely no vested interest in this and a Suzuki dealer in 1977 that was involved in motocross nearly 40 years ago. He recalls seeing B models with the alloy arm. Do I ask him to sign a stat dec. NO WAY, he should be taken on his word.

Thanks SON for the info.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 08:36:45 pm »
Just remembering out load,
I am sure while I owned a motorcycle wreckers in the late 80's I purchased a very average B model fitted with a C type alloy arm, I kept that arm and several others so I am not sure if it had the lug or was a floater.
I have a friend who was very senior management at SUZUKI and was in charge of International MX Racing during the 70's. He has since retired but I will ask if he can assist.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 09:37:27 pm »
Sorry but Alan's memory is not accurate, there's no way the last of the B models came with alloy swingarms.
The Jap bikes didn't change parts halfway thru a model run, they just bought out complete new models. We're not talking about Maico's here..

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013, 09:59:08 pm »
Normally I would say you are right , their just in time production with orders placed 6 months in advance etc etc, but this was a time when RM125's were going crazy around the world courtesy of Gaston hardly loosing any races, and multiple independent distributors all placing demands on the factory.
I toured the Hammamatsu factory in September 1982 and saw different spec same models going down the production line, eg 1981 GSX1100's ours had Alloy arms Canadian were steel, yet I sold 20 of them with steel arms.
Also you had Mayfairs, NSW had Hazell & Moores, then Cornell's days later, Mortlocks in WA.
I have also seen several models of SUZUKI have delayed production on second shipments while modified parts were produced.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013, 10:17:08 pm »
[quote We're not talking about Maico's here..
[/quote]
Maico has nothing on late 70's early 80's DUCATI
A 1981 shipment of 40 Ducati SD900 Darmah's
All supposedly of the same specification and Black colour.
Try 20 with 32mm Carbs and Silentium Exhausts.
10 with 40mm Dellortos and Contis fitted.
10 with 32mm Carbs and Silentiums Fitted with 40mm Dellortos and Contis wrapped up in the box.
36 Black bikes 2x Burgundy Red and 2x Green.
Just gotta love them Italians

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2013, 10:24:24 pm »
So far we have some people who think the last B's had alloy swingarms, others saying the first C's didn't have floating brakes. When you bought a B you got a bike with a steel swingarm, you bought a C it had an alloy swingarm and floating brake, that's how they were advertised and that's what you got.
I was at a mx race every weekend and have got every brochure and magazine from the era and this forum is the first I've heard these claims.
People seem to be just having a stab in the dark and all it's doing is clouding the issue and confusing everyone.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »
I agree, so how do you explain that I have five C model 125 arms,
2 with lugs 3 that are floaters??
Where did these MYSTERY arms come from,