Author Topic: Is there a easy way to get an MA license?  (Read 8930 times)

Offline Rod Rocket

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a easy way to get an MA license?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »
The last license I had was an ACU license in about 1975 does that say something about me.
Regards Rod.
I,m not very smart but I can lift heavy objects.(well I used to be able to.)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:05 pm »
but post classic champs is $77.00

That's because it's a championship. The only championship that you can use a one day licence.
One day race licences are only permitted for club & interclub (Regions)

ALL single event licences for historic race meetings were $75 per event and a full years MA licence was around the $300, so if you were planning on doing more than 4 meetings a year then it'd be cheaper to get the full licence. i've used single event licences for the WSBK historic supports and the Island Classic, plus used them for the Southern Classic at Broadford and our State Championships.. plus various club and interclub meetings.

you have to weigh up whether you're going to get the full value out of a MA licence per calender year, or just keep getting single event licences, both for circuit and VMX/MX ride days.

A license is good for 12 months after issue..... If you get it in July, it is good till next July
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 08:34:28 pm »
The last license I had was an ACU license in about 1975 does that say something about me.
Regards Rod.
that says you must be old ;D sorry rod cant help it

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »
i had a qamba licence in 1975

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »
 I have a full licence currently but due to ever decreasing finances when it expires in a couple of months I will probably go the one-dayers.

Unless Nepean runs a classics "title" event I suppose I will need a full licence again. I don't think I am likely to travel to any "away" meets anymore.

SO I need Nepean to keep going!

cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 06:11:43 am »
This is simple.  ::)

If you plan to ride less than 6 times in the year or do any open events just run on day licences.

If you want to ride at more than 6 it is economical to get a full licence.

In NSW if you use a day licence and then apply for a full licence within two weeks of the event the day licence fee you paid is taken out of the cost.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 09:00:07 am »
Whilst I ranting about MA. Let me raise the topic of the disgrace Of MA NSW and it's lack of riding area.
MA NSW has over 3 millon in the bank and a property portfolio worth around 10 million, they charge a land fund levi everytime you race for over 50 years. 
Why is there zero land that MA NSW owns that you can ride on. The fact is now MA NSW dosen't even need riders anylonger to survive they can still pay themselfs just from the rent the property trust brings in and members are nothing but pain in the arse.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 09:21:45 am »
MANSW and Christine Tickner have been hard at work getting the permission and funds for a much needed road race track at Nowra opposite the existing dirt track. Hopefully NSW will have a complex like the far sighted vision that is the Broadford complex.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 09:29:18 am »
She has been there for 20 years and done very little except swill from the trough. They have the funds and have had them for years.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 10:00:13 am »
She has been there for 20 years and done very little except swill from the trough. They have the funds and have had them for years.

The amount of work that Christine has devoted to not only MNSW but the Penrith club and Nepean Raceway as well over many years is phenomenal. I would say that the vast majority of her expenses for doing this have never been reimbursed.

For you to say she has been "swilling from the trough" shows your utter ignorance and to me is disgusting. I would love to see the evidence you have of this. Since you have accused her on a public forum I wouldn't be surprised if you may come to rely on this evidence in the future.

Just having the funds does not mean that a suitable viable long term property to build a complex is easy to find. I know that MNSW have been in discussions with many localities to build such a complex. Even now Nowra is by no means a done deal. There is a heap of work yet to do but it remains the closest proposal to look like succeeding to date.

Cheers
Shaun

P.S. When Jeff decided to leave the forum I asked to him to stay and just ignore the dickheads. Unfortunately in this case I am not able to heed my own advice because a dedicated and hard working woman has been slandered and it just pissed me off.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:12:30 am by 2-NINE-7 »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 10:10:20 am »
I have butted heads with Christine since she started with MA and at the start, like all others she had good intentions. The fact remains that during her tenure at MA that must be 20 years + what has happen to the land fund. Why cant they sell off some of there assets and buy land, Why didn't they take the land the military tried to give them. My info comes from the very top and from with in so I'm comfortable to go with it. The fact is there is still no where to ride and she had 20 years to fix it so I say she has failed. 

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16:23 pm »
went and renewed my MA licence today, mine had been expired for 4 years but was no problems... guess they were just happy to get my $290  :D

Offline Zakk

• B-Grade
  • rAdelaide
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 05:29:13 pm »
MANSW and Christine Tickner have been hard at work getting the permission and funds for a much needed road race track at Nowra opposite the existing dirt track. Hopefully NSW will have a complex like the far sighted vision that is the Broadford complex.

in SA, MSA own the Acusa pk complex which is similar to Broadford EXCEPT for the lack of a road race circuit on the property and it's closed 6 months a year when the summer fire bans are on  ::) Then there is the Gilman MX and Speedway tracks which will close once the land lease expires.  MSA bought a property just out of Tailem Bend in around 2006, on which a road circuit was going to be built but nothing has happened there since they bought it and now i think its back on the market for sale.

Offline Rod Rocket

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:17 pm »
Regards Rod.
that says you must be old ;D sorry rod cant help it
[/quote
And feeling older every minuet but it still put's a smile on my face, kicking that pig and cracking that throttle.
Regards Rod, ;D
I,m not very smart but I can lift heavy objects.(well I used to be able to.)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 10:51:28 pm »
 No.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:02:03 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.