Author Topic: Darcy Ward.....again.  (Read 8313 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Darcy Ward.....again.
« on: February 21, 2013, 10:21:31 pm »
Darcy needs professional help says boss Ford

Poole chief Matt Ford believes Darcy Ward is struggling to cope with fame and insists: “The sooner he seeks professional help, the better.”
In an exclusive interview with the Daily Echo, Pirates promoter Ford said:

“My opinion is, and it was before the latest problem in Darcy’s life, that he is struggling with fame for want of a better word.
“I would strongly recommend that he makes contact with the Tony Adams Sporting Chance Clinic, who are there to help people in Darcy’s position, sporting stars who have been making the wrong turns in life.
 “No one can condone what Darcy has done. He has been incredibly silly and I think the sooner he seeks professional help, the better.”
Ford continued: “Anything we can do to help, of course we will. I can’t say I have ever been in this position before where I know too much about these things.
“He does need to seek a certain amount of professional help himself but, any help the club can be, of course we would be there for him as we would be any other rider.”

Ward, one of the leading talents in the shale sport, was signed by Pirates in 2009 for a club record transfer fee.
His impressive performances for the Wimborne Road outfit helped him earn a wild card entry into this year’s prestigious Grand Prix series.
The two-times world under-21 champion, who has been signed as Pirates’ number one rider for next season, had been expected to imminently return to England to prepare for the start of the 2013 campaign next month.
Ford says Ward is set to ride for Pirates as planned.
Ford added: “My immediate thoughts are that the contract has been done with Darcy and if he is legally allowed to ride in England, then I don’t see that I would be making any change to that on a personal basis.
“But having said that, I don’t know quite how the law of the land will look at this. We will just have to wait and see what happens from here and seek advice on it over the next week or so because Darcy was due to be in within the next week.”
At the time of going to print, the Echo had been unable to contact Ward.

Matt Ford was speaking after The Queensland Times reported that the Poole speedway sensation had been convicted of fleeing police on a motorbike while under the influence of drink and drugs.
Speedway star Darcy Ward fled police while drunk and on drugs
Pirates ace Ward, 20, admitted a string of offences when he appeared in court in his native Australia, according to reports.
The report claimed Ward had been drinking and smoking marijuana when police attempted to pull him over in his home town of Camira. He is alleged to have fled on an unregistered and uninsured motorbike but was later located by officers. He is reported to have been fined $5,500.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Darcy Ward.....again.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:15:38 am »
What a waste of talent, grow up now shit for brains ,maybe to late as all respect has flown.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:47:10 am »
Somebody needs a slap...

Whoever his management is needs reaming for not learning from the tragic and dismal unravelling of Anthony Gobert's career. Talent is not nearly enough... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:09:28 am »
What a waste of talent, grow up now
I know both reasonably well,
Alcohol is certainly the problem
Management is the solution
But who is going to manage 21yo kids partying?

TM BILL

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:45:55 am »
What a waste of talent, grow up now

But who is going to manage 21yo kids partying?

Absolutley , at the end of the day hes a 20 or 21 yr old who happens to be able to ride a speedyway bike well.
Hes still a young bloke and like most young blokes of today and when we were young ( exeption being the angelic pillars of society on here who had the kid hung drawn and quartered over a previous incident that proved to amount to nothing  ::) )

His behaviour is typical of many many young people and society can take resposibility for that . Kids are given everything these days and consequences are few . This kid i had not even heard of until that previous incident and to be honest i have heard nothing of him again until this  ::)

The media scum cant wait to print anything bad about sports people but do fork all to promote their achievements .

As some of you blokes say it would be nice if he could be steered in the right direction , but hes a young bloke and will find his way . He probably has a lot more disposable income than most kids his age , add that to the young fellas mentality and the pressures of being a professional sports person  ???

Iv'e never had any money and i am ordinary at riding a motorcycle , but i know when you get on the trouble wheel its very hard to get off . Without support and people focusing on your negatives its much easier to say fork it and stay on the trouble wheel and pedal faster  :(

I stand to be corrected but i think the only 2 threads i have seen on here about Darcy Ward have been negative ::) how about some of you track fans start some threads about his positives  ;) race reports , results etc  :)

The general media scum do FA so its upto the enthusiast to promote the boy .

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CD0QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.poolepirates.co%2F2013Darcyward&ei=FnkmUbDTHYqLmwX6hoDAAQ&usg=AFQjCNG5ZK56jzBOm6Lby662W1HCqCF39g

Curly3

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:44:17 am »
Hopefully he can get his head in the right place because he is a talent no doubt.
He's not the first and sadly won't be the last young sports star to do the wrong thing, heaven forbid, even our swimmers went on a rampage.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:40:20 am »
i can go back to the 70"s and 80"s
with other north bris juniors
who went on to the world stage
i can recall the brother of a recently retired moto gp star
riding a z1r on the back wheel outrunning the cops
sober darc is a softly spoken kid who has not
let fame go to his head

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 09:45:15 am »
As some of you blokes say it would be nice if he could be steered in the right direction , but hes a young bloke and will find his way
I hope so Bill, but for every one that does find his way there's an Anthony Gobert or Kim Ashkenazi who pisses their talent down the urinal. I lost a bit of faith in Darcy Ward when he was involved in the rape case in the UK but hoped that that close call might have woken him up. It doesn't look like it has.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 10:37:39 am »
We where all young ones , driven with a few beers in the belly , and got away with it without any harm done .. Woopy do . He got caught , he will cop it . It was his actions and its now his responsibility to deal with it .Thats private . It has nothing do with his racing , just boulevard news for womens weekly .

I dont often agree with you Wally  ::) but your bang on with this one  :) If he was fined as quoted $5500.00 then hes paid his dues  ;)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 10:44:21 am »
A bit like the ATO tax ,PAYG

Once you pay , you could be subject to audit by other parties.

Looks like the young guy needs a good book keeper to reconcile his account , you're only allowed a limited number of deductions until you cease getting a return.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:26:51 am by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 10:48:55 am »
Time will tell if he's another Gobert but his current record isn't encouraging. We all said the same thing after the UK incident....."he's young and made a mistake, he'll learn from the experience"...well it seems he hasn't. I wonder how the parents of the girl in the UK rape case feel about him? He was lucky to get off with technicalities over that. Apparently there's a big chance he won't be issued a UK work permit because of it and other alcohol induced situations in that country.
There's a lot more to Darcy Wards history than a drunk riding charge, if that was all it was I'd be siding with you Bill and Wal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2221114/Darcy-Ward-miss-Elite-League-decider-attacked.html
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/queensland-speedway-champ-darcy-ward-denies-sex-assault-in-uk/story-e6freoof-1226248995545
http://www.smh.com.au/world/aussie-speedway-star-darcy-ward-found-not-guilty-in-sex-case-20120523-1z3p6.html
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:23:32 am by firko »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:00 am »
i'm with wally too,big deal,shame he's so high profile bike people,been a footballer ho hum,(probably bigger fine from the club woohoo),still he's starting out on the trail??,where it ends is up to him i guess, :P
ps bitd,i concidered it an artform outrunning the geese, ;D,(pissed,stoned,or whatever)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

maico police

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:59 am »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 11:58:14 am »
Looks like I'm your poster boy again Ross...I thought it might have been too good to be true ;D. Yep, Steve McQueen was a bit of an arsehole, I think we all knew that,  but he was cool enough to have created an aura that we as bike guys relate to. Darcy on the other hand is just a pimply little git who seems to have taken a bypass past the accountability part of his upbringing. The fact that he can ride a bike is irrelevent.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:00:44 pm by firko »

maico police

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:49 pm »
I'm sorry but that truelly is a gross double standard...... :-\