Author Topic: The art of being cool  (Read 40378 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: The art of being cool
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 11:04:46 pm »
Gotta luv that 55 in primer with the sight coat, there is just something about it.When i was a kid there were so many EH and old torana's getting around like that.
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 11:12:26 pm »
Firko's thong......?

In the UK a thong is something a woman wears.  They resemble shoe laces ~ think of the girls on the beaches in Rio and are best suited to shapely young women!

I had to laugh out loud at the thought of Firko in a thong, starting the Triumph.  Still what ever floats your boat!

(OZ Thongs = UK flip-flops)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:45 am »
He invented cool, I wonder if he's wearing thong's Firko?
Trust me, the last thing you want to see is me in a thong Ben, however I think you've misread Slidey's post.......he's talking about Mr McQueen kicking over the Trumpy in thongs, not me. I've got a 3" radius semi circular scar and no feeling in my left instep obtained from kicking my 380 CZ over in flip flops when I was a younger and stupider man. For whatever it's worth, the Yanks call 'em flip flops too...I don't know how we got to call 'em thongs or why our ever amusing Kiwi friends call 'em Jandals. Note below shot of our handsome windblown hero wearing his thongs/flipflops/jandals while chilling out with his homies.

DISCLAIMER:::The below photo is not Firko and never has been...trust me.   

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:15:06 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:04 am »
I'm glad you put him straight Firko because that was a mental image that doesn't bare thinking about. ;)

Now I'm worried about how & where you found that photo, please remove it immediately.
MOD's where are you when you're really needed?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:25:52 am by SlideRulz »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 10:48:39 am »
Trust me, the last thing you want to see is me in a thong Ben, however I think you've misread Slidey's post.......he's talking about Mr McQueen kicking over the Trumpy in thongs, not me. I've got a 3" radius semi circular scar and no feeling in my left instep obtained from kicking my 380 CZ over in flip flops when I was a younger and stupider man. For whatever it's worth, the Yanks call 'em flip flops too...I don't know how we got to call 'em thongs or why our ever amusing Kiwi friends call 'em Jandals. Note below shot of our handsome windblown hero wearing his thongs/flipflops/jandals while chilling out with his homies.

In the words of The Fonz

UNCOOL!!   UNCOOL!!!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 11:08:30 am »
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/10/07/automobiles/wheels-fonz/wheels-fonz-blog480.jpg

Sad but true.........The Fonz was supposed to ride a Harley in Happy Days, however as he couldn't ride a motorcycle, Bud Ekins, the stunt rider in the Great Escape supplied a lighter '49 Triumph Scrambler which was easier for the crew to PUSH !!.......How UNCOOL !! :o :o

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:18:16 am by Purple Dave »
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 02:14:51 pm »

George.C. Scott checking himself out in the mirror of his SL350. http://articles.superhunky.com/4/56
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:17:27 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 02:26:44 pm »
Cool has no boundaries. This shot was taken nearly 70 years ago yet it could have been taken yesterday.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:40 pm »
Except today they would be swapping footwear   ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »
Easy to be cool if you look good in the first place. That's why I am not cool. J

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 04:49:12 pm »
Hey Mark

They don't just look super cool but they look really happy
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »
Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better.  I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me.  Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.  That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…

— Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2013, 05:55:59 pm »
Hunter S Thompson..........COOL.... 8) 8) 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_S._Thompson
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 06:11:21 pm »
Cool has no boundaries. This shot was taken nearly 70 years ago yet it could have been taken yesterday.

That photo is almost identical to my favourite photos of my Mum and Dad from their youth. Fantastic and thankyou Firko
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »

AHHHHHHH my eyes hurt.  Please make it stop.  (good sensible footwear though.  I would have thought some nice little kitten heels would have gone better with that outfit!)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:41:53 pm by flower pot racing »