Author Topic: WTF IS THIS YAMAHA TWIN??  (Read 7399 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WTF IS THIS YAMAHA TWIN??
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:55 pm »
Well it's now on evil bay and has a bid that will buy plenty of beer already!! ;)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=271153927472&index=10&nav=SELLING&nid=11950531377
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:18 am »
The photos are not the same without your signature wagon wheel in the back ground. :D
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 02:14:23 pm »
The photos are not the same without your signature wagon wheel in the back ground. :D

Yeah i was thinking that too but wasn't prepared to push the fat, heavy bastard with flat tyres any further than i had to!!  :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 03:15:34 pm »
One of the characters that defined my youth in my beloved Maroubra was left a small wad of money by his Gran so he went to the old Amalgamated Scooters shop in Goulburn st and bought a shiny new metallic maroon TX750 and a DT2MX motocrosser. He was going through the same burnout/donut/Boy Racer phase as Micky De which caused no problems with his previous Suzuki 750 Water Bottle but proved disasterous for the TX. The poor old bike died in only it's second month of life when it's wannabe racer owner missed the gear on the 2-3 change while racing it at the old Castlereagh Drags and chucked a rod out the front. He was knocked back on a warranty repair and then couldn't sell the remains so he chained it to a telephone pole outside his parents Maroubra Beach home where the salt quickly finished off what the engine blow up had started. After two years in the salty elements there was hardly anything left and it ended up going to the tip after the council fined his parents for parking an unregistered hulk on the footpath.

The poor bike never stood a chance.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 03:17:48 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 03:49:07 pm »
One of the characters that defined my youth in my beloved Maroubra was left a small wad of money by his Gran so he went to the old Amalgamated Scooters shop in Goulburn st and bought a shiny new metallic maroon TX750 and a DT2MX motocrosser. He was going through the same burnout/donut/Boy Racer phase as Micky De which caused no problems with his previous Suzuki 750 Water Bottle but proved disasterous for the TX. The poor old bike died in only it's second month of life when it's wannabe racer owner missed the gear on the 2-3 change while racing it at the old Castlereagh Drags and chucked a rod out the front. He was knocked back on a warranty repair and then couldn't sell the remains so he chained it to a telephone pole outside his parents Maroubra Beach home where the salt quickly finished off what the engine blow up had started. After two years in the salty elements there was hardly anything left and it ended up going to the tip after the council fined his parents for parking an unregistered hulk on the footpath.

The poor bike never stood a chance.

:D that's a great story Firko, but mine is the much rarer and more collectable 500 :D given the models known issues in the 750 surely mine would have to be worth at least 33.333% more than a 750 based on the fact that it's only 2/3 of the engine size and therefore could only offer 2/3 of the grief  ::) :D ;)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »
One of a couple of pus bucket twins (TX500/TX750) that Yamaha Secretary of State  denies ever existed.  ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.