Author Topic: Wish my shed looked like this....  (Read 5451 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Wish my shed looked like this....
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 12:05:08 pm »
What makes this blokes collection even harder for me to like is that it's largely comprised of beige, uninteresting bikes. They're almost all 'dime a dozen' fodder.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 04:21:46 pm »
Harsh comment Firko, But true at least 90% are dime a dozen, i Must say they are quite well looked after and clean though...
Wives usually give up counting once it gets over 5 bikes...
Brett
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:26:47 pm by oldyzman »
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:56 pm »
You are seriously deluding yourself Brett  "Wives usually give up counting once it gets over 5 bikes..." ::)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:13:13 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 08:09:56 pm »
I'd love the little gt1 and whatever rz that is, might be a bit bland but it is all a taste thing I'd love if my shed was just pe400's I'd be happy but it is actually a bit hard to get a heap of the same bike sometimes.

There is a guy near me who was a tonne of volvo's and you just think why but he must love them so good on him doesn't matter what others think of your collection as long as you are happy with it.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 08:29:22 pm »
I did notice the RZ, i think its a 500..
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:54 pm »
I think my little Yammy 90 is in there!
Middle row ,5th from the left with gold tank.
What a great bike,.....

It's got me f..k.d how you count the 5th row ??? This is doing my head in!

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 09:11:51 pm »
You are seriously deluding yourself Brett  "Wives usually give up counting once it gets over 5 bikes..." ::)

I'd have to agree with Tim there!!

I had my MRS's window cleaner (Irish bloke) go into the shed to get the ladder one day, came upstairs in front of the MRS while we were having breakie & said Brad! "Iv'e just gone down into the shed to borrow your ladder"! "You have 17 bikes in the shed"!"17 bikes"!! "I don't beleive it, what you going to do with 17 bikes!" Can you imagine how felt in front of her & the way I looked at him >:(?? She turned around & said I have been counting each & everyone for years now! I know exactly what's in that shed! Well fark me.....

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »
I understand what you are saying Ando, My Missus girlfriend visited and counted 7 one day, my missus answered "There is another one sitting on the bar in the rumpus room". Comes back to early days training. On about our fifth date i popped into a bike shop in Parramatta and put a deposit on a Dyna Lowrider which was advertised as a superglide and therefore underpriced.
Brett