Author Topic: ACT Longtrack Challenge Canberra 2013  (Read 8817 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: ACT Longtrack Challenge Canberra 2013
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »
Hmmm thats a tough one Steve  ???
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »
It's looking good for next weekend's Longtrack Challenge at Fairbairn, 75 entries and counting so far, not many Juniors, two grids of most Modern classes, there's space for a few more Classics.

There's room in the Pre 78 263 over, Pre 85 250, Pre 85 263 over, if ya wanna come ring Darylene,
 0402 854 414, first in , best dressed as, at this late stage, we are sticking to one grid each of the Classics

The track has been resurfaced with new material today, dunnies fixed and there will be professional caterers at the Canteen.

From what I've been told, it's gunna be a fast track surface , so see ya there'

Foss

Foss
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:20:19 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 07:07:46 pm »
Good to hear there's a decent entry list and I'm especially chuffed to hear the track is looking in top condition. It was brilliant last year so fingers crossed we get good weather and some fantastic racing.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 02:08:20 pm »
Does anyone know if they lock the gates at night and if so what time?
Thanks.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 08:56:07 am »
Legs, the gates will look like they are locked but actually won't be, dummy locked , if ya know what I mean.
See Ya there
Foss

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »
thanks Foss

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:16 pm »
Just heard that # 387 Rubberman has entered for the meeting, the Unlimited Modern is gunna be awesome, Mick, Hammo, Mick Vecchi and a few others are gunna be great to watch, I just hope there's a slider or two there as well, to keep them on their toes ;D I haven't seen the Classic entries yet but  know there's quite a few, 80 entries all up.
Foss

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 05:19:38 pm »
Yep, that's quite a lineup and should make for some spectacular racing. I'm looking forward to watching the fast guys!

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 08:36:18 am »
How did it go ,from looking at the at the weather it looked like you guys had a big storm up there .Did it go ahead ?
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Curly3

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 08:30:03 pm »
From what I can gather Grant the weather played a big part on both days but the racing was awesome.
Surprise surprise but Mick " Rubberman " Kirkness was the stand out, there are several photo's on Facebook.

P.S. I hear legs 11 had a big off and has done a shoulder, believe me Darren I know all about shoulders and I hope all's well mate?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:33:24 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »
A bit of a funny mixture on the day. Saturday started wet with the forecast of plenty of rain, but in fact the rain stayed away and the track was superb. Plenty of good racing although perhaps smaller fields than there should have been. The fast guys were fast and looked good doing it. A few falls and some ambo time slowed proceedings but I don't think there were any serious injuries. Sunday on the other hand... Pissed down for a few hours and left the club with a few decisions to make. The start was delayed an hour or two and things were looking good with the track coming up great, but of course it had to bloody bucket down again. I am not sure how it went after that cos I shot through - I've done enough sitting around at a track waiting for the rain to stop to have no interest in doing it anymore.

I had a ball though I think I rode slower than usual. But the bike went great, I had fun, no damage or injuries so it's gotta be a success from my point of view. The weather played an unfortunate role in the weekend but on the whole I think it was as good as it could have been all things considered.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:53 am »
Thanks to everyone who helped me pack up after the return from the hospital, collarbone and knee was the damage now all I have to do is try and sit still for a week or two.
The missus keeps saying the R word so at this stage I am just nodding to keep the service coming ;D

Curly3

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 11:54:36 am »
Probably a bit early in your recovery to be thinking about a root Darren, give it at least a couple of weeks. ;) ;D

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:02 pm »
Steve,I was refering to meals, doing the duds up and general stuff that one armed patients cant handle.
But now that you mention it a reward for all the kind deeds could be the right thing to do :D

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 06:55:52 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
dont follow me i'm probably off line!