Author Topic: Gympie fires: Ken & Dawn Baker at risk  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Gympie fires: Ken & Dawn Baker at risk
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:14 am »

Whilst my heart goes out to anyone affected by ANY bushfire, especially the deliberately lit ones, (Don't get me started) the Bakers are the only ones I know personally & I thought the VMX community might like an update.

Spoke to Ken this morning & while they are not at direct threat at the moment a change of whether (winds) could alter that. The wind has picked up severely but not changed direction. He's packed up & ready to send Dawn out of harms way but he, along with others, have made the decision to stay & fight if it comes to it. Here's hoping that's not required.

I live in the middle of the bush too, my choice, and while there are no fires near me at the moment I am always on tenderhooks. We were threatened by a huge fire Ballarat swap weekend a few years back so I know what you're going through mate.

Just to let you know I'm thinking of you guys.

Perko

PS The man rang to see if I got his reunion entry. Got his priorities right.

Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Gympie fires: Ken & Dawn Baker at risk
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:11:50 pm »
Ken & Dawn take care .
Grant , Di and Yip
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Erica fires: Ken & Dawn Baker at risk
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »
Thanks Perko and GDR. We are a very long way from Gympie Perko, we are located in Erica ;D. All is good at the moment, but still remain on alert. We,ve been helping out with food preparation at the General Store to help feed the DSE & Firies, its a big job, but its nice when one can lend a helping hand in times such as this. The place is a bit like a ghost town with many residents having left a few days ago, but at least the pub is still open  ;D ;D

PS: Did you get our entries which I emailed to you yesterday ?

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »
Spare a thought for Peter Schoene from Bultaco Parts Australia located in Toongabbie. Spoke to him yesterday and he described it as deja vu feeling after being burnt out last time losing about 150 Bultys motors in the process. He's been flat out preparing for the fire with friends and family all pitching in. Good luck mate. Jerry

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 12:07:57 am »
Never was good at geographics

(Or spelling, Grammar etc.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:55:45 am by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?