Author Topic: Stolen Husky CR 400 (Magoo's Race Bike)  (Read 13178 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen Husky CR 400 (Magoo's Race Bike)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2008, 06:52:09 PM »
Like so many others, I initially thought that it was some dead-beat, opportunistic local*, but sadly it seems much, much worse. 

I'll certainly have my eyes open for it.

*fork me, Raymond Terrace is a dive. On Friday night we saw cops vs shirtless pissed locals biffo, got woken by drop-kicks early this morning, etc etc.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »
CD5 side, this is not the first time that this area has succembed to this type of activity. If my memory serves me right (and thats a stretch) was there not a whole bunch of specific bikes stolen from a Newcastle Supercrosss last year. I think that there may have also been a complete van stolen along with the bikes at an earlier Newcastle SX. I have a very good freind that follows the SX circuit in OZ and it seems that not an event goes by where a bike is stolen and the Newcastle event is considered the worst of the lot.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 08:01:17 PM »
 I had the only other bike of this type at CD5 and it was not shown any particular interest.It was lightly chained at night. Me staggering around next to it in the wee hours may have deterred any potential thieves.
 Recently my shed was broken into and my old faithful KTM which I had owned for seventeen years was stolen.They removed all the covers on my VMXers but I believe didn't recognise any of the names,so took the KTM.I have tracked it down to its last location of Raymoond Terrace to a druggo. Then gone.
 I believe(and hope) that this is what has happened to Pete's bike. The local lowlife have not recognised anything familiar or of immediate value in the other bikes, and decided to see what was in the box that was worth locking up?
  The word is out to the locals to try and secure its return.Good luck in your search I feel for you buddy. 

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 08:21:53 PM »
...................so took the KTM.I have tracked it down to its last location of Raymoond Terrace to a druggo. Then gone.

Sorry to hear this Moto, but i must ask, How did you manage to track it down to the druggo?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 09:42:28 PM »
Sad news indeed ,I spoke to Pete on the phone this morning and he seemed typically upbeat. Peter's well known throughout Oz and for that mater the entire World in Husky circles  ,he is as stated earlier is  recognised as one of the premier collector 's and restorers  of the mark and his bikes are a credit to his passion.  Shit  all this talk of bikes being nicked has put shiver up my spine. Regards Jimbo

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »
about two months ago my dog chased someone out of my backyard 1.00am in the morning..couldnt sleep for a couple of nights after that ...the wife reckons she heard a couple bangs on the shed door before he ran out...bloody bastards :o

magoo

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 09:50:12 PM »
I second the sentiments about Pete, an absolute gentleman in every way. Hopefully we'll sort it out and maybe I've got more faith in the nature of my fellow VMXers, I just can't believe any of us would have targetted his bike. If so, why take the gear as well.
On the other hand, the locals I saw on Saturday weren't capable of walking, much less pushing a bike. Seeing there are bugger all suburban streets around the Motel I'd assume it was loaded onto a trailer or car.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about the Husky Pete. This is one of my greatest fears, especially while staying  at motels. Hope it turns up somewhere.

Geoff
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »
does this change thiings for the national re: onsite provision Shane ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »
I am shocked and pissed off too. The Lowlife .,Sadly if it turns out that it is someone from or trying to get into VMX when the scum is caught..and they must/will be... never ever let them near motorcycles again.
Could someone Please furnish details and  maybe some unique visuals to keep watch out for if possible. Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »
 By offering money(Reward) and asking people who deal with these lowlife. I found you were always a week behind the whereabouts of the bike. I finally tracked it to a lowlife address in R Terrace. and informed the police(it had been logged with the police as soon as it went missing).They cannot act on suspicion,and advised me not to put myself in danger by confronting these people. If I could positively identify the bike they would act.Great  thanks for nothing. My friends and I are still on the lookout for my bike and I watch the classified and expect whats left of it to eventually turn up at a local swap meet.
   The whole process is very time consuming and frustrating.  
    After this incident our lives have been changed. We now have chains,locks.lights,and alarms and a certain amount of paranoia,now they know whats in my shed will they return ?
   Please keep your treasures secure. Its a hard lesson to learn.

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
 Pete made mention of the Vintage Modificaton ,visually this is the rear downtubes runnig between the top rear shock mounts and the pivoit, these tube will have a dogleg offset only visual from behind the mounted rear number plates -this modification on a Mk frame is a indicator of Pete's bike along with the damage to the rhs crankcase above the output sharft. - If this 400 was parted out all cycle parts fit huskies no mater size of that era. regards Jimbo.

Offline HuskyPete

• A-Grade
  • Huskys Only, maybe a CCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 09:54:47 AM »
The frame number is on the right side bottom of the steering head and the engine number is stamped into the engine cases just above the left hand top screw that holds the magneto cover. It has betor alloy triple clamps, Öhlins 13” rear shocks with black springs, to suit the Vintage Husky frame modification. There is a broken engine fin on the left hand side about two or three from the bottom and the sprocket cover is broken on the right side level with the engine cases, the cylinder as been ported differently to a standard cylinder, the stub shaft that the kick stand slips onto has been cut off as well as the bottom part of the frame where the stub shaft is located, the seat cover is burnt on the left side at the front from the pipe. It has a re-sleeved bing carbie, number 69 number plates, gold renthal bars with renthal grips grey and red safety wired onto the bars, small alloy tank painted red with 400 cross sticker on the tank. The helmet is Arai custom paint job with a husky logo on top, blue and yellow with husky racing on the sides, the boots are black and red Alpinestars tech6. Thanks for all the support. Peter
1967 360 Viking, 1969 360 Cross, 1974 250 Mag x 3, 1974 400 Cross x 1, 1974 450 WR, 1975 250GP, 1976 250 WR, 1978 390 Auto, 1982.5 500 Gold Bullet. 1976 390 OR, 78 CCM

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:28 AM »
I have downloaded the previous message and printed*. Will distribute to local motorcycle shops and wreckers willingly now.
*It is OK to do I hope. Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 09:09:36 PM »
Nabiac M/cycle museum and Australian M/cycle museum should be contacted also.