Author Topic: Well VMX Mag guys, How about a CD5 wrap up of the weekend !!!!!!!  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
well VMX magazine guys, wrap up the weekend from your end for us that didn't get there and missed it all
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Well VMX Mag guys, How about a CD5 wrap up of the weekend !!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:46:08 pm »
did it met there (organisers) expectations and run smoothly ?

what worked well and what needs looking at for next time ?

feedback would be good
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Oldrodder

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:34 pm »
I am sure high on there agenda would be no rain in the week leading up to and including the event date.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:14:07 pm »
Saturday night was great with a band playing, great atmosphere.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:42:58 pm »
Sorry you couldn't make it Hoony.  :'(

Guys, please accept our apologies for a lack of responsiveness in the next week or three, as we are still up to our armpits getting stuff back on the rails following CD5.  Organising CD5 is a big time consumer and other stuff like producing a magazine got put aside while CD5 was being organised and run.

A brief summary is that CD5 was a very good event from our perspective, the majority of the identified problems we had at CD4 were resolved, although not all unfortunately.

The 15 days of rain prior to the event definitely had a dampening effect on the success of the event, given that there were less than 1/2 the number of campers at CD5 compared to CD4.  The rain also meant that the track could not be prepared at all prior to the event, which was not our intention.  Some people have already complained about the track not being ideal (especailly for pre 75 bikes) which was true of course, but unavoidable in the circumstances.  We have to be very thankfull for the effort that MX Central put in to make it as good as possible under very trying conditions.

Interestingly though, total rider numbers were very similar to CD4, in spite of the lack of campers.  Maybe they would have been more if the weather had been good leading up to the event...

Overall though, we were very happy with the venue and the atmosphere.  Please remember that choice of any venue for Classic Dirt will ALWAYS be a compromise and some venues just don't tick all the boxes necessary to be able to be even considered for CD in it's current format.

Joel Robert is a class act.  I know that everyone who met him was amazed at his friendly and unassuming demenour, along with his superhuman ability to sign autographs in great spirits vitually for the whole weekend.  Thank you Joel.

Naturally without our major Sponsor, Suzuki, we would not have been presented with the opportunity to bring Joel to CD5 to meet his Aussie fans, so we are also appreciative of thier significant support.  Without Suzuki and our other two key sponsors, Engineered Environments and Wiltec Ind, the whole thing would probably not happen at all.  Thanks guys.

Tony T

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:52 am »
Very good point, Ajay.
Since getting involved with them on my Childhood Cancer project, I've become aware of just how much Suzuki Australia are putting back into the industry and to the community in general. And doing it for all the right reasons.
A couple of weeks ago, Perry Morison (Suzuki MD) handed over a brand new bike to me with no more than a handshake and good wishes on the sucess of our project. No contracts, no demands on what I could and couldn't do with it. Just confidence that I would do the right thing by them.
As you say, without the support of them and others, these events may not happen at all and certainly not as successfully, so it is vital that we reward them with our support when it comes time to spend our hard-earned cash.
After missing most of CD4, and CD5 all together, I've made a commitment (with Tim754  ;D ) to be at CD6 and see first hand what a great event this has become.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 01:48:53 pm »
And I WILL have at least one Suzi to take ready ;) Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 04:36:26 pm »
Thanks for giving your feedback on the event from an organiser's point of view Ajay - appreciated.