Author Topic: Taupo NZ Easter 2013  (Read 3427 times)

TM BILL

Taupo NZ Easter 2013
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:37:07 PM »
Its on again  ;D in 2011 we called it the Oceania vmx championships and ran the event over 2 days at easter at Digger McEwen raceway taupo NZ . A number of Aussies (forum members and more ) rode the event in 2011 and will verify its a great venue .

http://www.taupomcc.co.nz/

Well its back on for easter 2013  ;D ( yet to be officially titled )

This time it will be a one day event Easter Saturday 30/03/12 this is one week after the world speedway GP in Auckland . Taupo is a leisurely   3 hr drive from Auckland and is arguably one of the most beautifull parts of NZ .http://www.newzealand.com/int/lake-taupo/

The event is in the planning stages at this stage (well fine tuning really ) but the big news is that we will run for the first time in NZ VMX pre 90 racing as well as all classes back to pre 70 . Come and race the track where Australias only world MX champion Jay Wilson was crowned .

At the same venue on easter sunday will be run the final rd of the NZ MX championships , a number of top Aussies are already confirmed to race the 2013 NZ MX champs as well as all the top Kiwi contenders inc Ben Townley and Josh Coppins .

If you have ever thought about a trip this side of the ditch then late march 2013 would be possibly the best opertunity to do so .
Speedway GP , week sightseeing or possibly adventure riding / trail riding (We have some of the best tail riding in NZ all around the Taupo district ), international VMX event at a world class venue ( the track where Stefan Everts raced the last race of his proffesional career and venue for the final MX of the 2006 ISDE .
Then watch a top class modern MX at the same venue (and compare lap times of the Pros with yours )

All this and with the exchange rate you get a 25% discount every time you open your wallet  :D and the trip runs right through easter so you are not using up much annual leave  :o shit it just keeps getting better.

TO RACE VMX IN NZ YOU DO NOT NEED A RACE LICENCE JUST ROCK UP AND RACE ( we do recomend you take basic travel insurance cover though)

We can arrange some loan bikes but these are on a first in best dressed order and to be honest theres nothing like racing your own bike .
Aussies could have a container shipped straight to the track ( MA arranged this for the Aussie team when they sent a team to the world juniors at the same venue a couple of years ago )

Will post more details over the next week and entry form and supp regs will be out in January .

This is a great oppertunity and we hope some of you can make the trip or extend your speedway trip to take in these other too great events  :)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:27:53 AM by TM bill »

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
Re: Taupo NZ Easter 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
Yeehaaa pre 90 I will be there with bells on Ira!!!!!

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
Have to see what how it works out shiftwise with the new job but things work out I'll be there again ;D

Offline Mutch

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:26:30 PM »
Im thinking that i might be there but not too sure if the Muss will be ,But am hoping that one of the brother's thats in the big house might be out in time.Not too sure if Tama can ride MX

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:42:55 PM »
As long as he lays off the 21 bum salute to the start line he'll be fine ;D

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
Damn, 30th looks to be the last day of my 4 day week  :'(.
Guess I may be able to take the day off going on what I'll get paid for good friday  ;D

Offline Cooch 04

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »
Is this event all go Bill Iwill be back back in NZ and need to organize team ABDUL RACING. Asyou no this is not something you can do in a hurry its like a good wine it takes some time

TM BILL

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »
Its all go Cooch  :) would be great to catch up

Bill

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 07:39:36 AM »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:18 AM »
Well done Billy, good to see the year cut offs inline with ours.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

TM BILL

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »
Well done Billy, good to see the year cut offs inline with ours.

Thanks Joan  :) makes perfect sense to me  ;D I really do believe the Aussie VMX template is probably the best worldwide . Perhaps a little to much red tape at times for this lifelong Anarchist but it does keep a bit of stability , forum rants and protest aside  ::)

So you and the Dutchie coming over to play  :) feel free to bring some others the more the dizzier it is on a sunday morning  ;D

Offline Cooch 04

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:37:04 PM »
Will be there with bells on Bill have organised with Pete and Abdul to come down for the day to promote our sponsors product...... Steinlager and Les major sponsor Taupo Rosies house of pain ;D ;D ;D.Looking forward to catching up with Captain and Joe and the rest of the NZ VMX community and hopefully getting a crew together to come over for CD10 ;)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:58 PM »
Ditto Cooch I am there with bells on and hopefully debuting my Pre 90 bike !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 05:42:06 PM »
what fluro colour this time Craigy?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile