Author Topic: non vmx ride on mowers under 5000 grand  (Read 3299 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: non vmx ride on mowers under 5000 grand
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:26 am »
i have read they use kawa engines for lawn mowers now

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:23 am »
I have a ride on for the front half and get a slasher in when the back half needs doing ($150 a time). I bought a new husqvarna. I won't buy another.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »
I've got a John Deere L111 for around the house, it's been good except the deck is weak if you hit rocks and stumps. Parts are cheap.
For larger paddock I would find an old MF or other tractor with a slasher. Be suprised how handy a tractor becomes once you have one and they are fun to drive.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 03:13:52 pm »
 Price is a good guide
 The best we had on the SWB were the bigger Toros . The worst were the 16 HP victas. (Yankee Email crap).
 If you want a really good ride on, it will cost about the same as a small car.
 Some of the other big name ones are also crap.
 A tractor/slasher combination works exceptionally well on level ground and if the blades are sharp cut as well as a ride-on. If you buy an old tractor make sure it has a double clutch other wise danger lurks.
 Lever steer zero turn things are pretty good once you try them.
 I do a bit of mowing with a Dixon zero turn thing with a 20 HP Honda. Its pretty good and reliable but it has its limitations on slopie ground if the grass is a bit wet. The wheels are too small in diameter and won't respond by pulling back on one lever to turn, you need to accelerate the outer wheel to turn. Gets hairy going down hill towards the dam. So far I've got soaked once, hit barbed wire fences twice, and slid right of the seat once and ended up on my bum in a gutter.
 All good fun, just like the old days riding at Moorebank scrambles. >:( Cheers pancho
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:15:32 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:20 pm »
Try a couple of goats and or some roundup for the unedible stuff then you only have to ride ;D
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.