Author Topic: SPEEDWAY GP 2013.  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
SPEEDWAY GP 2013.
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:17:41 am »
The calendar for next year has just been announced all the info is on the FIM LIVE website. Round 1 is in New Zealand on the 23/3/2013 at western springs speedway in Auckland.There are a number of Aussies running next year,starting with the world champ:
CHRIS HOLDER, Number 1.
DARCY WARD, a flat out win it or bin it rider.
TAI WOFFINDEN,riding for Great Britain but grew up in Perth,
TROY BATCHELOR --who is classed as a nominated substitute.

A mate of mine went to last years and reckoned it was a cracker of a meeting and he's a sprintcar crew chief,a great track with lots of atmosphere.Apparently the event suits the track a lot more than Sydney did. So it's a lot closer than Europe,they speak the same language (nearly),our money is worth slightly more,hardly any jet lag and you can mingle with fellow Anzacs.
Unfortunately the only thing Vintage will be some of the crowd,(me for a start). BE THERE.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SPEEDWAY GP 2013.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:57:01 pm »
will be good to see you, think your mate and son may have sat with Jonsey and I
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 02:58:22 pm »
Damn - just bought a bike so the long .... long lens will not be affordable by then.

I would bet you will not be the only vintage there ..... I expect a couple Kiwi ex world champs will be in attendance.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:23:52 pm »
Whatcha buy rusty ?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:07:36 pm »
I'm going to the Auckland round.....I had to miss it this year but barring any more health shitfights or earthquakes I'll be there.  I might even spend a week over there bludging on my Kiwi bro's.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 05:05:48 pm »
I'm going to the Auckland round.....I had to miss it this year but barring any more health shitfights or earthquakes I'll be there.  I might even spend a week over there bludging on my Kiwi bro's.

Geez Mark do we have to start planning a wedding  ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 05:37:00 pm »
sounds like a plan bill,get married in the park next door,in to the speedway,hot dogs all round, you do spoil vale...lol
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »
Geez Mark do we have to start planning a wedding
There's a plan...kill two birds with one stone!
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 07:44:08 pm »
I'm definitely attending in 2013 no Johnny Old race and given its five minutes from my place it's got to be done.

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:00 pm »
Hey 59,you can be the aussies "man on the ground" or the go to man to fix any and all problems. Do you own any of the following?
A really big bus,a big house,a lot of fridges, a number of bbq's and know your way around town to operate a nearly free shuttle service!!!

Anyways seriously 26/12/12 Boxing night there is scheduled a speedway meeting at Kurri with Crumpy riding. I  went last year and he and Chris Holder were riding,it's a great track. There was a huuuggggeeee crowd I think the club made heaps,the ladies at the track entrance were picking $20's out of the air from who offered.
The only problem was a rainout for the semis and final.

Great meeting though and a rare opportunity to see the Superstars up close and how good they really are. I presume it will still be on and Crumpy will ride even though he has retired from SGP.

Only problem is for Sydney people the F3 traffic jam,---easy The Putty Road,just don't tell anyone. CHEERS.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Curly3

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:56 pm »
That sounds like a plan Matador, unless there's a jam on the Putty and you'll be stuck up the Putty. ;) ;D

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 11:24:07 am »
Whatcha buy rusty ?

RM125N that my nephew will take over once I find something else.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 03:38:47 pm »
i heard the grand stand were a bit shit, people left them and stood on the ill etc and where able to see much more.

im just waiting till it comes here :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2013, 03:24:11 pm »
TROY BATCHELOR --who is classed as a nominated substitute.

Well he's in, here's hoping the portraits a better image than this at the top.  ???

Australian Troy Batchelor gets the call up for Polish Speedway GP

Posted: Thursday, 26th September, 2013 : 10:57 AM - - 2,820 Reads

Australian Troy Batchelor has received a call up to compete at the final World Speedway Gp being held in Poland on October the 5th.

Polish speedway hero Tomasz Gollob, who fractured his C7 vertebrae at last Saturday’s Rockklassiker Scandinavian SGP in Stockholm, has officially withdrawn from the final round of the series and his place in Torun will be taken by Australian champion Troy Batchelor.

The Brisbane-born rider qualified as third reserve for this year’s SGP series after finishing sixth in the GP Challenge at Gorican in September 2012. But with first reserve Ales Dryml and second stand-in Leon Madsen already replacing Chris Holder and Emil Sayfutdinov respectively, Batchelor has been handed his SGP debut.

Also coming in for the final round of the season is In-form Polish star Adrian Miedzinski who has been confirmed as the wild card for the Torun FIM Speedway Grand Prix.

Miedzinski, who dons the No.16 race jacket at the Marian Rose Motoarena, played a pivotal role in Torun reaching the Polish Ekstraliga play-off final in a season, which has seen them lose Chris Holder, Tomasz Gollob and Darcy Ward to injury at different times.

The 28-year-old has spent his whole career with the club, where his hard-charging, determined style has made him a firm favourite.

Miedzinski scored six points as a wild card on his last SGP appearance at the Motoarena on June 19, 2010, which saw him qualify for the semi-final on countback.

He is joined in the Torun SGP by club team mates Pawel Przedpelski and Kamil Pulczynski, who will serve as track reserves.

Przedpelski, who wears No.17, has established himself as one of Poland’s hottest junior prospects with a string of double-figure scores in the Ekstraliga. His reserve partner Pulczynski, who served as a stand-in rider at last season’s Torun round, lines up at No.18.
Best is in the West !!

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 09:16:11 am »
troy
 another nbjmcc  junior
makes to the world stage
well done