Author Topic: The mess NZ vmx is in?  (Read 8015 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Re: The mess NZ vmx is in?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:24 pm »
well that clears up that misconception then.

No Brad, it just means I gave a simple, singular opinion… no ulterior motives, no malice, no hidden messages, no satanic verses or veiled insults… just a simple opinion.

But it is true that I don't want to waste hours justifying every word after having it forensically dissected and misinterpreted… because again, it was just a simple opinion.

As simple opinion from a simple man! Nothing more, nothing less.  :)

Love your work Brad,
VMX42
okay a simple question. In what way can the rest of the world do what the kiwis do so well ? Specifically.

I dont think we do anything any better or worse than anyone else in the world, I just think we do it so it works for us just as you guys do it your way and it works for you.
As Asasin says, your camping thing works very well and I wish over here we had that same thing going.
VMX42, I know Joan is only winding me up as I am with him and he knows that. But the reason for this thread isnt just to reply to Joan but also to hear other comments and hopefully maybe take some ideas and run with them if they would/could work over here.
I think one of the big differences is that the guys here run a series all over the north island which can start to get expensive for some people to travel to where as your nationals are a one off event and highly organized with a long lead in time so people can prepare themselves financially and time/work wise (and Im not saying you only go to just one event and it doesnt cost any less for you over there). There maybe many other ideas out there and this is a forum for vmx so we all have to take the good with the bad and even though we may not mean to come across in a bad or negitive way with the written word, sometimes it just comes out that way.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 01:31:39 pm »
okay a simple question. In what way can the rest of the world do what the kiwis do so well ? Specifically.

Geez Brad, you're like a dog with a f$&king bone today... so to keep you happy...

Nobody [in my singular experience] puts on a meeting that is both as casual and inviting in its accessibility [or vibe] and yet professional in its execution than the Kiwis.

Make of that what you will, but I will reiterate that by paying the Kiwis a well deserved compliment I am not slagging off anybody else.

Now go and have a quite beer for Christsake...  8)

VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 02:45:25 pm »
well that clears up that misconception then.

No Brad, it just means I gave a simple, singular opinion… no ulterior motives, no malice, no hidden messages, no satanic verses or veiled insults… just a simple opinion.

But it is true that I don't want to waste hours justifying every word after having it forensically dissected and misinterpreted… because again, it was just a simple opinion.

As simple opinion from a simple man! Nothing more, nothing less.  :)

Love your work Brad,
VMX42
Looks like the thought Police are onto you.
 You should be warned that anything that you say on this forum  can and will be used against you. :P
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:21:40 pm by motomaniac »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 09:49:22 am »

Geez Brad, you're like a dog with a f$&king bone today... so to keep you happy...

Nobody [in my singular experience] puts on a meeting that is both as casual and inviting in its accessibility [or vibe] and yet professional in its execution than the Kiwis.

Make of that what you will, but I will reiterate that by paying the Kiwis a well deserved compliment I am not slagging off anybody else.

Now go and have a quite beer for Christsake...  8)

VMX42
Seems you need to get to a few vmx meetings then. You have just described any vmx event I have been too. That is why I couldn't understand why ''the world could learn a lot''. Wasn't thinking or implying you were slagging anyone either.

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »
Hmmm seemed all good yesterday ;D had a 6 month break and now were back into it  :)

TM BILL

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 03:06:18 pm »
Imho VMX in NZ is very healthy as it is in Australia , in a perfect world i would like a combination of the too ( Australian competitor numbers and uniform classes but with the freedom of not being tied to a faceless governing body, with a combination of the best tracks in both countries )

I dont know a great deal about MA (except their policies prevented 2 of us from riding in the Qld champs this year ) but i know a hell of a lot about MNZ . Should VMX in NZ ever be forced to come under the jurisdiction of MNZ thats the day i hang my helmet up forever .

For a little country at the bottom of the world we have been privaleaged to have in the last 8 yrs had a number of overseas visitors to our VMX events including

Brad lackey
Brad 090
Brent J
Christan Hammergren
Firko
Geoff Ballard
Harry Everts
Jeff Keen
Joan Tite
Joel Smets
Oldfart
Roger DeCoster
Stefan Everts
Stefan Meriman
As far as im aware all of the above enjoyed the events and some are semi regular visitors so we must be doing somthing right  ;D

Vmx means many different things to different people but reading forums like this shows a common theme , Passion  :)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »
Just for the record, I've never said anything negative about nz vmx ( not saying you are Bill), and how could I! I have an awesome time whenever I go there. I'm not questioning vmx in nz. I was purely asking for Jeff to elaborate on what he said. I still say that every meeting i have been to is
a meeting that is both as casual and inviting in its accessibility [or vibe] and yet professional in its execution

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 04:17:23 pm »
Bill dont for get jeff Smith visited unzud to race as well
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »
I loved it over there on the South Island, loved the laid back atmosphere but as I said earlier, the classings had me a bit confused. The quality of the bikes was amazing as was some of the riding. There were five other Aussies at the same meeting (not counting Gavin Martini who's a Kiwi but races in both countries) and we all loved it. If I was well enough I'd have been going back to Timaru next month but I've decided to wait until next year and hit a North Island meeting. At risk of upsetting my Kiwi friends, I still think that uniform classing between both islands and even Oz would be a positive step.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TM BILL

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
Shit your right Mike how could i have forgotten JVS  :-[

No worries Brad i never thought you were being negative  :) mate always a pleasure when you guys are able to come over  :) and the hospitality you guys show us when we visit is much appreciated  :)

Firko im with you on this one ,  one of the things i like about Aussie VMX is the uniformed class structure and i think we could benefit from such a system .
Im not sure a CD type event would work in NZ  :-\ would love to think it would but our climate and from what i have seen general VMX communities aversion to camping would make it a bit of a non event  :(

I should justify this statement "Should VMX in NZ ever be forced to come under the jurisdiction of MNZ thats the day i hang my helmet up forever ."

Im not anti rules or anti organisation but im very anti incompetance  >:(

One thing i really struggle with ( and this means all motorcycle competition) is WTF if you hold an MA or an MNZ licence cant you compete in either country on that licence  ???
(I dont need 500 replys as to the logistical and legal reasons , but surley these 2 organisations could come up with a solution better than the current situation  ::))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:49:34 pm by TM bill »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 04:55:07 pm »
Next time just don't tell them.
Here's a good one. When you win a national title you get a free licence, so I have one coming to me. As my licence was due and stretched for money I tried to get mine ASAP instead of waiting till the end of year awards night. Do you think I can get it sooner? No way! So in theory I would have to cough up the nearly $300 for a licence. I said okay then, seeing as I won five I should receive five free licences. Well of course it doesn't work that way!

oldfart

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 05:24:49 pm »
Brad with all the Gold you took home you would of been in front if you  had cashed  them in at Sims metals ;D

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »
Pretty sure Ray Ryan came over to a meeting I travelled up to just north of Auckland in the 90s when there was no vmx riding happening in the lower north island, still can't believe I could do that as an apprentice

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 06:47:04 pm »
yeah ray stayed with us and while yacking at western springs speedway he sarted formulating laid back auz VMX and C/D was born
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 06:51:31 pm »
Any way back to the cool pics ;)
 looks like a top track and some nice bikes good to see the CCM ripping it up 8)
I would love to get over there one year and race,
I get over there once a year to visit family but no bike over there to rip it up :P