Author Topic: eBay Question.  (Read 1822 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
eBay Question.
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »
I won an auction on eBay on September 19 and because the shipping cost wasn't listed I sent the seller a request for a total invoice including shipping. I've since sent another five requests and have yet to receive any reply at all. In my last email I threatened to report him to eBay so when I didn't receive a reply decided to do just that.

I thought it'd be a simple task to inform eBay of the situation but boy was I wrong. After an hour of frustration digging into eBay Customer Support I couldn't find one situation in their 'pop-up' menu of complaints. It was about then that my temper got the better of me and I kicked the dog and went and made a sandwich. I'm sick of these eBay sellers that think they can make their own rules. The seller probably doesn't want to send to Australia but that shouldn't be my problem, he didn't block overseas sales on his items cso I reckon he has to cop it. So my question to you eBay guru's is....what's the easiest way to dob this prick in to eBay before I place a negative feedback on him?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Question.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:34:08 pm »
There "used to be" drop down that covered precisely what you have en-counted Mark . I went through the very same ordeal some five years ago. Ebay suspended the persons account. 
Strange and a shame that buyers from Australia and New Zealand cop a seemingly very high proportion of shite service from organizations and sellers in other geographical areas! Not Paranoia just stating what happens. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:51:35 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline head

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 05:27:09 pm »
Go to my Ebay and find the item in your won/purchases list. On right hand side of page there will be a column "actions" Choose more actions in drop down, then choose resolve a problem, then follow prompts for item not received.
Hope this helps

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12:43 am »
I woke up this morning to find the following in my inbox. I wonder what woke him up?........Sorted. ;D
"Hi I am going to the post office today and I will see what they charge for australia postage cause the ebay calculator is showing an extremely high price and I will notify you today".
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:56:03 pm »
Maybe this thread  ???

Offline buckets

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »
I had similar problems,, mine was someone that didnt like the fact I was the only bidder and i got it super cheap.. so they decided after the auction they wanted to keep the item.. Ebay took ages to get in contact...

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:48:48 pm »
I just went through the sort of thing. I asked it he would send it to Australia. When I won the item he sent a invoice and I paid it. After 20 days I sent a email and asked if there was a problem. I was told I owed more freight and he would send a invoice for that.4 emails later I still hadn't heard any more.Did what Head has told you and in 2 days my money was refunded. Would have preferred the item. But money back is better then a kick in the ass. Darcy :)   
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »
I have been trying to purchase a "buy it now" item on ebay for the last three weeks. When I click on the buy it now button it takes me to an invoice with no postage cost. There is a message telling me that I need to change my address to receive the total cost. The seller lists that he sells to worldwide so why would I have to change my address? When I request a total from the seller there is a message saying the seller is encountering a large number of messages and doesn't complete my request. I try to contact the seller but with the same result. So I looked up the seller who is JTS motorcycles in the UK. I have sent two emails outlining my problem but have had no replies to these either. The item is overpriced but is the only one I have seen for some time.
Any suggestions?

Stan. 

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10:42 pm »
Stan,some sellers dont like post office box numbers,(if thats your problem).
We have had to go though my sisters town home street address.
Perhaps covering thier bases in this way.
Hope you get the gem  :P
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:17 pm »
Gday Alison,
No, I have a normal street address listed, not a PO box.

Regards Stan.