Author Topic: KIWI VMX RD1  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Grunter215

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
KIWI VMX RD1
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:06:54 pm »
WILL BE BACK IN NZ 4TH OCT SO GONNA HEAD TO WHAKATANE FOR LOOK. IS IT AT AWAKAPONGA TRACK OR SOMEWHERE ELSE.IF ELSEWHERE ANYONE GOT DIRECTIONS.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: KIWI VMX RD1
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:14:04 pm »
There web site does not say,think its Flemings farm.
PM....TM Bill he will know
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 05:19:22 am »
All rounds meant to be natural terrain this year, TM Bill confirmed in the weekend that Taupo has a venue sorted that isn't the track.

Got my accommodation & time off sorted but would be nice to know where we're riding before travelling up there

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 05:43:33 am »
Tony I believe it's by the Awakaponga modern track mate.

TM BILL

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 06:59:14 am »
Sorry i dont know exactly  ??? i think it is on manawahe rd whitch runs behind the Awakaponga track to lake Rotoma somwhere near Ywurrie bike park  . Abdul will have the answers  ;) but its at least half an hour this side of Whakatane and about 45 mins from Rotovegas .

Keep an eye on Livewire http://livewire.gen.nz/livewireblog/and all will be revealed soon im sure .

You blokes crack me up  ;D the events not for another week yet, i hope your this urgent on race day  ;D Shit i havent even thought about what to ride  ::) i entered all the twinshock classes so as i have it covered though . Saw August yesterday and his Rooter is still a combination of several broken and chopped up frames but he tells me it will all be good on the day  8) probably be a late one on the fri night though .

Hope the aftermatch do is at a better venue this year  ::) last year i wouldn't say it was rough but all those cheap tattoos and moustaches ( and that was just the women ) i had more aggressive passes put on me by the shelias in the pub than by you bastards on the track  :-*I felt like Charlton Heston in a 70s film trilogy  ;D

Drive safe and see you there  :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:25:51 am by TM bill »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 07:55:39 am »
Will Neil have his Big Horn there(better not mention that to women folk Bill)?
Jesus only loves two strokes

TM BILL

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 08:28:53 am »
Hey Lozz Neil is series sponsor this year so the big horn will be there in all its glory  :) Mate i tell yer some of those sorts last year im sure use bighorn motors in their lady toys  :'(

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:56:13 am »
You blokes crack me up  ;D the events not for another week yet, i hope your this urgent on race day  ;D Shit i havent even thought about what to ride  ::) i entered all the twinshock classes so as i have it covered though . Saw August yesterday and his Rooter is still a combination of several broken and chopped up frames but he tells me it will all be good on the day  8) probably be a late one on the fri night though .

Hope the aftermatch do is at a better venue this year  ::) last year i wouldn't say it was rough but all those cheap tattoos and moustaches ( and that was just the women ) i had more aggressive passes put on me by the shelias in the pub than by you bastards on the track  :-*I felt like Charlton Heston in a 70s film trilogy  ;D

Drive safe and see you there  :)

Hang about Bill,I thought you were taking a week off to prepare your stable of machinery :o.
I reckon you are sandbagging, to lull your competitors into a false sense of security  ;D and thats just for the aftermatch function.
Thanks for the heads up,I will take my teeth out prior to attending the post race "festivities" just to blend in with the "natives".

But in all seriousness I cant wait to get back into the racing again,its been a long  winter since the awesome Johnny Old event.

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:59 am »
You are indeed correct Liz  ;) i am taking a week off prior but its Vales Birthday so were going away and hopefully get back for the 1st rd  ;D

Offline Grunter215

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 01:04:05 pm »
Just checked map on livewire ..directions sorted. Cheers boys see ya there.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 01:29:59 pm »
Jeez Bill are you going soft and Pc on me? Taking time off for Vales Birthday......lol
Happy Birthday to Val
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 01:30:55 pm »
Hey Craig, have you put those missing gears back in the RM's?.....2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... ;D....I hope to come over for at least one event next year.....I have some beer to spray. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 01:32:14 pm »
Yea....happy birthday to the cheese and kisses Bill.....who's looking after the girls?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 02:04:35 pm »
Hey Craig, have you put those missing gears back in the RM's?.....2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... ;D....I hope to come over for at least one event next year.....I have some beer to spray. ;D

Joan,good to see you are back in good health and reverting to type.

I will prepare a set of flippers and aqualung for your return home-(to shield you from the 'champagne spray").

PS I wondered what that silver gear lever on the left side of my bike did-thanks! ;)

Offline Cooch 04

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 03:28:35 pm »
I spoke to Pete Mac yesterday track is at ywari bike park all natural terrain so should be like all tracks the Whakatane boys prepare open fast and flowing.Would be good to be there but hopefully will be at final round.Bill as I remember moustaches didnt seem to worry you late at nite with one eye closed ;D