Author Topic: Too much BLING??  (Read 23744 times)

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
Re: Too much BLING??
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2007, 09:44:10 am »
that is my sort of bling looks great

All Things 414

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2007, 01:13:04 pm »
OH Yeahhhhhhh.............. 8)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2007, 02:45:32 pm »
Now which strange bloke owns those sidecars ::) ::) ::) The drilled items on the 754 items came from a crashed chopper I (oops he!) salvaged an engine from. A real mercy killing even using the parts on a sidecar ;) Remember it had enormously long springer front end, rider had hit something hard enough to embed the front wheel into the clutch cover! with only very slight damage to the barrel fins in front of them! How the!!!!!! The tanks murals are hand airbrushed not stickers, my crappy photos do not do my little blonde wasp any favours sorry.
 The old Kawasaki W1 650 pre68 classer. belonged to my great mate Steve Ledger and was left to me in his will. Shame a lot of Steve's "unique" artwork and body engineering was done with poor paint and a "tad" rough in construction.... as even in the shed it is breaking up, flaking and fading fast.
On the questions about ignition systems the old Kawasaki runs a  modified to fit digital Boyer Branson unit inside the magneto covers, totally legal! as it does not change the external look of the engine and you may use any type you want in all classes. (What about the modified dual carby W2 head I made up for Steve Shhh! ;)) The 754 has a genuine 1974 model "Martek" system fitted. Actually everything except the spark plugs , air filter pods, chain, rear tyre and some electrical tape is really all pre 1975 manufacture, yep levers, cables ,front tyre ( ever tried getting 3.50 /19 block pattern knobbies >:() even the seat covering. Silly but lots of fun. Wish I could ride again :'( Cheers Tim ;)
 Black Betty So bloody magnificent!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:10:34 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Phil

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2007, 03:17:22 pm »
Here's a great example what's so great about our sport. The diversity. In one corner you have Tims wonderful but plug ugly old Kawasaki 650 outfit that just reeks of soul. In the other corner you have Jonseys magnificent bling Metisse that would have to be one of the nicest and well constructed bikes I've ever seen. The great thing is that both machines have a legitimate place in our sport.
I'd spend just as much time checking out nooks and crannys on the old outfit as I would perving on Betty and would be proud to own either or both of them. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:21:14 pm by Old Phil »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2007, 11:19:43 am »
at the prompt of YZHilly last night at the DMCC club meeting with a beer or 2, i just read all 6 pages of this and i must admit to a laugh or 5,   "You Guys" Caps999 glad to hear the black hoops are back on (i was thinking about them red tyres a while back and now glad i didn't do it as they look great in the shop, but that's about it).
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 12:14:33 pm »
all I can say gents, after having read back through this thread, is that if you guys are not on drugs yet maybe you should be!!!!!!

:o :o

regards

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 12:33:54 pm »
It's all relative if you have too much money you can have too much bling and if you can afford the finest in bling .Fine ya lucky bastards just make sure you post a pic of it on here !!!  Coz i want to see it. Go on Bling Me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:47:42 pm by yzhilly »
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2007, 12:51:05 pm »
Even ya missus can get in on the bling thing...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2007, 10:34:02 am »
more bling

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2007, 10:45:22 am »
or bling  /pro fab in the uk 540 big bore etc etc  some one i know  15000.00 :o

Offline geraldo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2007, 07:30:04 am »
my take on the subject - (coming from someone in the industry who sells bulk bling)

motocross is more than a sport its a lifestyle  , a mindset , - so to most guys their bike is not just a machine , its a statement , something to be proud of . Same with the riding gear , cheap boots , cheap clothing will do the same job but we want the trick stuff & why not , why be sensible ? in fact if we were sensible   we wouldn't have motorbikes at all we would all buy toyota corolla's & travel around at the speed limit & keep track of the fuel mileage. But we don't , moto-X is fun , dangerous & a way of life so we individualise our ride , thats cool by me . imagine how boring a MX would be if every bike was totally stock
And from the industry's position , the shops & wholesalers make a lot of coin out of bling so its an important part of their income , bling is good  business

TM BILL

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2007, 07:58:27 am »
Geraldo your right about MODERN MX thats all it is to the hairdresser mentality that call themselves racers today a lifestyle >:(
Most of em cant ride for shit but christ dont they look pretty :-*

I can see MX becoming a rich pricks only sport in years to come , between those poxy ludicrously expensive to maintain diesal shitters they ride these days & the peer pressure to wear the latest gear and look the pretiest it will get beyond the grasp of real people.

Now you may say so what ::)we will still sell to the rich pricks , but money wont find Talent :( The less kids out there doing it the less likley we are going to discover natural talent .

Both Ben Townley & Chad Reed come from working class backgrounds and have become huge achievers. However i wonder wether they would have been intoduced to the sport had they been born 20 yrs later ???

You can stick your bling where the monkey sticks his nuts  :)Long live VMX  and REAL RACERS

Quicksilver

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2007, 08:15:52 am »
Quickies bling.. 1970 Malvern star dragstar.. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:16 am »
Wow quicky, what a flash back for me. I had the same beast way back when men were men and sheep were nervous. Cool.You hit the nail on the head Geraldo,i don't want to be a corolla driver like everybody else,i want my bike to stand out,individualize it,make it my own. Doesn't make me a better rider,doesn't make me a shit rider, doesn't make me a wanker either(i am already ;).Oh Bill, is that your age showing :-*.You could have said the same thing 20 years ago about the sport getting too expensive but there are more people in mx now more than ever.My old man made a comparison quite a few years ago that in 1981 he would work for three days and could turn over enough money to buy   a yz80. Try and do that now..no chance. Bling is good,patina is good,10 point resto is good,something you dragged out from where the monkey shoved his nuts, good too! Just ride it,don't hide it.

firko

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2007, 10:51:44 am »
While researching an upcoming ADB piece I found a little paragraph in my coverage of the '98 Ravenswood Vintage Nats referring to our mate Tims old Honda sidecar and its bling (or lack of it).

"Although they didn't win anything, young Victorian brothers Daniel and Matt Derrick had a hoot of a time manhandling a ratty old Honda 750 outfit, complete with with 'cool' tank mural harking back to the bikes previous life as a chopper. The 16 and 17 year old brothers were whooping and yahooing their way around the track, bringing smiles to everyone trackside"

It explains the spirit of having fun on old bikes pretty well I reckon. I remember the situation like it was yesterday and the boys happy attitude did indeed bring the punters to the fence, cheering them on.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:54:45 am by firko »