Author Topic: Ebay Seller - Gold Star.  (Read 4665 times)

mx250

Ebay Seller - Gold Star.
« on: April 10, 2008, 06:25:46 pm »
It seems everyone likes to whinge like a stuck pig about Ebay and PayPal but there are some gems out there. I've just been refunded $8.05 for over charged postage  ;D.

I guessimated that I was being overcharged about $5 and I hummed and ah'ed about challenging the postage but thought 'what the heck, its a fair price and not worth the agro for $5'.

So mrajf, take a bow - you're a legend.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/mrajf/

gerpster

Re: Ebay Seller - Gold Star.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:48:15 pm »
The same seller refunded me $7 via Paypal for refund on overcharge for postage. Must say i was pleasantly surprised..first time in over 200 transactions!!!!!!     :)

Tony T

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 07:58:14 pm »
This is good!
djfshop in the U.S. took the time to disassemble a set of $20.00 forks for me to save me money on the postage. The inner tubes were mint and that was all I wanted.

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 08:19:52 pm »
Great thread. Restores your faith in the human race.  ;) We need to start a trusted supplier/seller list of ebay sellers.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 11:38:32 pm »
OK - lets keep the ball rolling - Dan at www.re-mx.com - has never been anything but helpful - he has recently become a rep for Terry Cables and I have a problem with a cable so he is chasing for me.

Nothing seems to be a  drama!!!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 12:04:31 am »
these people are very few and far between and mosty sellers over charge on post as a added bonous especialy overseas buyers,i got a set of rms125 rings off mikebfym and was charged     $5 for .90 post cost    emailed the arsewipe but still to receive a reply    good thing is he left feedback 1st so i get to score back at this ladies thing but still dont get my  $ back but will warn others that this guy is a post theive!!!

Dude got back to me with a $4 refund so a positive out come after all but noticed on his last sale of rms125 rings he still wanted $5 post for less than a dollar cost to him A GOOD WAY TO MAKE MONEY!!!`still a post theive!!!

TT5 Matt

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 02:23:11 pm by TT5 Matt »

Quicksilver

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 07:14:41 am »
I found this seller dgs38 is excellent. Fast, relieable, honest. He has over 4000 feedbacks at 100% rating. Sells a number of petcock kits. A+ service.

mx250

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 07:44:54 am »
Great thread. Restores your faith in the human race.  ;)

Actually, I've had a good experience with so far which is important because this is a hobby and enjoying it without agro is important. If it became all agro I would just walk away no probs.

I only look to Australia and the US, I have found postage from europe is a deal killer. I have found the Yanks great in every regard. I have had a couple of issues but always worked it out.

The most upset I've had was from a Victorian >:( who wouldn't send me the parts after me winning the auction. Didn't take my money but didn't send me the parts either  ???. They were alloy indicators for the YDS and haven't seen any since :(. Left bad feed back and then he retaliated by doing the same to me, wanker ::). Bloodly amazing, wouldn't answer my emails until I gave bad feed back then I couldn't shut him up, wanker ::). Ya can always tell a Victorian, but ya can't tell them much ;D.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 02:25:55 pm »
Graeme - sounds like the same Victorian I had dealings with!!!!!!  And Matt - so strange - I have bought of Mikebfym and had no dramas at all?

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »
i won a brake plate the other day for $9 US. seller wanted $49US for postage! i said thats rubbish, i can get fuel tank sent over for that much, a cheaper shipping rate please!!! next day i got email saying we can do it for $19 US. ahhhh much better!
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:11 pm »
im allways checking ebay in germany out for maico stuff  and they are really helpfull  and i alway ask if the speak any english first   and the postage price are really resonable  considering it so far away

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 10:19:19 am »
Paul, or anyone else, have you ever imported a bike from Germany?? I wonder if anyone knows a company that can ship bikes to Australia out of Germany??
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 11:02:47 am »
 Did you win that tidy little Hercules, Tony ?  :)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 02:58:38 pm »
I too have been over charged many times (Price quoted different to what is on the box) but I always pay up to protect my rating as I find that it helps when querying things later you are more beleivable. Pleasing though is that when I have contacted them and pointed out the discrepency 95% have refunded most of the difference if not all.
Some cases I have had stator coils turn up and one or both are faulty and after contacting the relevant seller they have given a partial refund and in one case he even refunded the postage.

I have only been ripped off a few times by sellers but heaps by Ebay themselves. Their currency rate is always over 2 cents in the dollar less than the going rate when buying OS with Paypal and they charge about 2.5% when buyers use Paypal but will pull your adds if you try to pass on those costs to Palpay buyers.

In all, my dealing on Ebay have been good but I always try to deal with sellers that have very high ratings @ a high percentage (98%+) and if they have ANY recent negatives I check them out. 9 times out of 10 I found the negatives have been left by Non registered users.

So I suppose "all I am saying is give peace a chance", no, wrong, that with a little homework on who you are buying from should keep you in good stead. I have been ripped off dealing one on one more times than Ebay.

All have a great time at CD5 and have a beer or three for me
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 11:02:11 pm by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 07:40:53 am »
No T250K I did'nt go for the Hercules but might just look at a red thing?/? (no comments from the Maico peanut gallery either) sooo does anyone know who imports from Germany  ::)
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '