Author Topic: Vale Neil Armstrong.  (Read 3459 times)

Curly3

Re: Vale Neil Armstrong.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 03:48:36 pm »
As comanding as the U.S. were in the space race, they failed to put a man on Martina Navralalova. ;)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »
 I liked your story Firko.
 I was working at the MWS&B at that time and the district engineer did the same thing, down tools and come in the office to watch history being made.
 I remember that all construction work was to stop that day in case of an accidental ripping up of PMG cables.
 Amazing stuff, watching world history being made, in front of us all peering at a little 17" B&W TV.

Vale Neil Armstrong.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 06:40:19 pm »
Poor old Buzz Aldrin will only be known for his dodgy exercise machine. Amazed they all kept schtum for so long  ;)
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 07:20:55 pm »
In later years, after Neil Armstrongs monumental steps, they tried to open a Resturaunt on the Moon. It was doomed to failure, no atmosphere.
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Curly3

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »
Punchy, you dropped the D.
Lozza, I knew the conspiricy theory would be mentioned sooner or later.

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »
I was a first year apprentice wiring up new control panels for the office air conditioning at GMH Pagewood,Sydney.We were working in the clocktower of the building and the office was American design open plan,the office was totally silent. We blokes listened to a tranny radio of the landing,it still amazes me to this day.

I employ a bloke who does not believe it happened which really p////es me off,idiot.

TRIVIA. My neighbour was an apprentice at OTC  and they were having trouble getting a tv signal into the middle of the city to show the landing to the public somewhere. No giant screens then,anyways,off they go to Paul's hardware in George st to buy an aluminium screen door, a few adjustments made, they set it up, and presto all good. A tv signal for the masses, good old Aussie engineering at it's best,job done go home.

To think today it would be a SWMS,currency certificates,a safety induction,proof of training,recent projects completed,references, a bank guarantee,liquidated damages,professional idemnity policy,non performance clauses and a risk assessment with background checks. Along with ''what are you blokes doing up there''. The country is stuffed!!!!

PS.My mates all rode their Honda 90's to town that night,they are also credited with a few laps of Sydney Showground Speedway Royale very late one night. CHEERS.
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »
One of Mr Armstrongs lesser known gifts to a childhood neighbour................

"When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" statement but followed it by several remarks, usual com traffic between him, the other astronauts and Mission Control. Just before he re-entered the lander, however, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always just smiled.

On July 5, 1995 (in Tampa Bay, FL) while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26-year-old question to Armstrong. This time he finally responded. Mr. Gorsky had finally died and so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

When he was a kid, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit a fly ball which landed in the front of his neighbor's bedroom windows. His neighbors were Mr. & Mrs. Gorsky.

As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex?! You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,