Author Topic: 1st Annual Ray Ryan Memorial Chili Cookoff.  (Read 1777 times)

firko

1st Annual Ray Ryan Memorial Chili Cookoff.
« on: April 07, 2008, 07:10:14 pm »
Flamboyant Hunter Valley racer Kev "Krasher" Crossey has a reputation as one of the sports good blokes. Unfortunately for him, he also thinks that he makes the best Chili Con Carne in the Vintage Racing scene and in an ill advised bout of pompous bravado, he has challenged the sports accepted Chili masters, Klub Kevlar to a Chili Cook Off at CD5. Klub Kevlars Internationally revered "Ring of Fire" Chili has held the top position for twenty years, despite well financed attempts to knock it off its pedestal from many celebrity challengers including the late Geoff Eldridge and Ray Ryan. As good as some of these challengers were, "Ring of Fire" chili has flamed all oppositon. The Chili Cookoff has been named after VMX founder and Classic Dirt originator the late great Ray Ryan who was a great cook and lover of all things spicy who went to the grave with the belief that he made the best Chili on Earth.

Crosseys challenge is being sponsored by Maico Only/Flat Rabbit/Vintage Plastic chief executive Les Richters and it's believed that Richters is currently on a spice buying mission in Thailand. Crossey has had much success with his product in various Hunter area soirees but the CD5 challenge will be the Raymond Terrace oil company executives first foray into the big world of professional Chili Competition.

Also entered in the 1st Annual Ray Ryan Memorial Chili Cookoff is the Gold Coasts popular Dave Tanner. While Tanner is actually a member of Klub Kevlar, his entry is a private one with no KK affiliations. Tanner is also under the misconception that his concoction is something special and is bravely telling all that will listen that his chili will "kick arse". The Classic Dirt Cookoff will decide just whose arse is being kicked.

Other entries are being touted by Husky stalwart Tony Cullen and a serious yet unnamed entry from Victoria.

Entries will be judged by a celebrity panel that is yet to be finalised. If any parties wish to enter the Chili Cook Off please inform me via this thread. Entries are expected to be of at least 1 kg, preferably 2kg of finished Chili. The entrants are expected to follow the rules of the International Chili Society with the exception that beans will be allowed in the recipes. http://www.chilicookoff.com/default.asp
Let the party begin!
After some further thought it's been decided that we don't want to take any opportunities away from the caterers at CD5 so we won't be offering free chili to the punters after the judging. It's only fair that we support these good folks who are offering their services for us.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:46:06 am by firko »

mx250

Re: 1st Annual Ray Ryan Memorial Chili Cookoff.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 07:20:44 pm »
Is this an I.C.S. sanctioned event  ;D (well, you did give the reference ;))

And, what's first prize. Return trip to the International Cook Off? ;D

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:21:29 pm »
Geeze ,I hope you blokes pre ordered a couple of extra shitters ;)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:28:01 pm »
incontienence  pants  adult size

magoo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:35:08 pm »
I think we'd better get Kenny up there with some of his shitters.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:05:48 pm »
Maybe "Huggies" and "Preparation H " can come on board as Sponsors-the naming rights from one of these would have a certain ring about it-Boom Boom.

squirtmoto

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 09:15:15 pm »
Better bring a roll of "POO Tickets"

Suzbulvarna

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 06:48:13 am »
Firko,
I touched base with Big Kevvy on Saturday afternoon when we met at a secret location for the official Bandido hand back!!! and he tells me that he has you covered in the chilli contest and after sampling his wares on a number of occasions at race meetings and not being able to play next day due to a severe tail wind I have my money on Kev also he gave me the heads up on the Junction Pub in Raymond Terrace on the Thursday arvo for pre event bullshitting.......topless bar attendants from 5PM.......Andrews and I will be there in consultation.
Regards
Harro