Author Topic: Australian Post Classic Championship CANCELLED  (Read 6189 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Australian Post Classic Championship CANCELLED
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 05:39:39 pm »
i dont ride mx only d/t with the split in d/t i will only do the pre78 nats.
i have a few bikes and projects but not 1 is after pre78
just my thoughts and position on the splits
jim

Offline yungy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:35 pm »
Does anyone no if there is a possibility of it bein run somewhere else. I no echo valley in qld might be a possibility as we have missed a lot of events this year due to weather. What do you think?

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 03:35:40 am »
I agree worms, why do MA charge so much to hold a meeting any way, and Would'nt it be good to see it at Echo Valley, got my support Yungy and l will help in any way l can..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 09:27:42 am »
I feel for the Tassie guys who must have put in a lot of work for the dismal response.

In what must be a world first, I agree with Firko, Freaky and Mont (among others).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

maico police

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 10:39:42 am »

In what must be a world first, I agree with Firko, Freaky and Mont (among others).

I had to run out just now and ask the postie to slap me several times..... :D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:15 pm »
I had to run out and slap the postie a few times...
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

albrid-3

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »
This year classic scramble club ran a club scramble meeting at Barrabool, for us to hire the natural terrain land off MA cost us $1000, that not including the rest of the fees, to hire Barrabool main race track for day will cost you $3000, so with these prices, this is what a club has to deal with, it gets to a point of saying its not worth it, running a meeting with the hope that the entry may come in, and if they don`t, the host club would have 2nd thoughts about doing it again, My feelings is that Motorcycling Australia and Motorcycling Victoria are slowing killing the sport with the cost of permits and fees, most of the clubs are gone. To survive hear in victoria, we need to go back to the way it was when the vintage started in the 90`s, a 6 round victoria state series, and thats it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:56:55 pm by 46m »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »
Well that is a shame, and proves a point over the last couple of years, with arguments about the split, you go one way, just goes to show their is no support from the young fellows who mouth off so much, and try and stuff up the vintage pre75, I get so pissed off. Know wonder clubs wipe there hands and walk away from running any events. If there was no events at all people would be still winging.
The cost to put an event on is not cheap, when riders don`t support it, throw the towel in and walk away.  >:(

So Dave, which of the Main-Land entries was you mate?

The first one? The second one? Or the third one mate? Which one Dave?
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

albrid-3

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 08:12:27 pm »
I don`t race pre90

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:24 pm »
I don`t race pre90

Woops, my fault dave. After reading your three strongly opinionated previous posts on the subject, I somehow concluded that you must consider yourself to be an authority on the subject ;D   

albrid-3

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »
With 22 years of being involve with vmx racing I feel that I should be Authorise to have an opinion, being president and founder of the Classic scramble club and life member, and president and secretary of the colac motorcycle club, founding member of the classic sub-committee of M.V. plus owner of Classic dirt bike market Magazine and advertising manager of VMX Magazine, plus raced every vmx meeting from the day it started 1990 onwards. Plus origanizing one of the most succesfull Vintage meeting at Mortlake in 1993, with 3500 spectators alone through the gate and over 200 riders entered, yes mick I do have authority on the subject.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
Well touche' Dave, although I agree with very little? anyone that works hard to make it or keep it happening is most certainly deserved of a go on the soap box. At the very least.

But I see a lot more optimism and common sense in these two posts;
 There are some great people working with MA but did they think this one through properly.

No they didn't but I don't think anyone should be pointing fingers. It is a shame that it went tits up and I'm sure there's a lot of ill feeling about that. It's not down to people not supporting post '78 though.
 I think after the success of the Nats there a few years ago it was expected the same would happen. Obviously most of those guys were predominantly Pre 78.

Hold next year's in NSW on a non-holiday weekend and it'll be a sell-out. Just don't pander to the minority who don't like the 'jumpy, bumpy' bits (they're never gunna win anyhow.... ::))

Hold next year's in NSW on a non-holiday weekend and it'll be a sell-out
I think you're right Ross but on another tack...is there a chance this years event can be put on at another location at such short notice? Perhaps there's a club in Victoria, NSW, or Queensland that's prepared to take up the challenge?
(Just a random thought that there might be a faint light at the end of the tunnel.) :-\

It would be a hard rabbit to drag out of a hat?
but since you feel so strong about it? maybe you could use your time, powers, contacts and influence to attempt exactly that of Firko's suggestion.

A wire-ally wabbit to tame, but have a go hey. You will most likely receive the good will, respect and accolades of most. certainly mine if you have a go. Even if it proves fruitless. Good luck.    

albrid-3

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »
Well thats right Alison, I forgot to mention to mick, I also origanized vintage race meeting to raise funds for the  Make a wish foundation kids with Cancer, 2 years running, very succesfull too.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:10:18 pm by 46m »

albrid-3

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 10:09:05 pm »
Thats ok Mick, I have had my time, and hard work, If I was voted back as a committee member maybe, I am having a lot of trouble keeping the vmx flame alive inside of me, I do need to get out more and enjoy the sport that I enjoyed so much, we will see what happen. Even our club is struggleing on entry at our meetings.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:11:17 pm by 46m »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 10:27:47 am »
 So Aust. Post didn't get the STAMP of approval!
 Bring pack the P.M.G.!
  Sorry  ::) couldn't help myself.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!