Author Topic: BLOODY COUNCILS  (Read 878 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
BLOODY COUNCILS
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:45:01 pm »
council officer was at my house while i was away inspecting the privacy and shading of our yard as to the double story extension next door.he did next door as well.
we have both got in the mail letters claiming our pool fences dont comply and have 21 days to recterfy.our homes were built in the late 70s and so were the pools.
the letter says ours is old and unsevisable.we have to get a new one.here is the killer.we now have to meet the 2012 may rules we no longer have the pre 1992 exemtion.
the guy wasent there to look at the pool but passed info to the other dept.we have to pay 70.00 for a guy to come out and check and could face a 550.00 fine if not all is right. and every time he come out its 70.00.
bugger

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: BLOODY COUNCILS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »
jimg1au, Had a similar story. Had to get development approval to replace a fence section that never had the final inspection on it 20 odd years ago that was compliant then but not now. $2500 later all sorted. 20 years living with the pool with no dramas with 1m high fence, now we have a 1.2 meter piece of crap in its place. End of the day I can fall into the Brisbane river off the pushbike/walking track that isnt fenced but if come to my place you cannot get the pool with out going to a gated area.. wonder why the country is going down the toilet?? More box ticking wankers and consultants from the government and council producing nothing rather than the "do"ers that make things happen. ???
SLAWESY >:(
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"