Author Topic: 250 AW Maico a better mouse trap?  (Read 1421 times)

Offline flattracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
250 AW Maico a better mouse trap?
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:01 pm »
I know I said I wouldn't put this up fpr sale again, but I have come to a cross road in life and decided that it's time to move on!
This was a "ground up", bare everything rebuild, no expence spared. The list of mods gos on forever so it's hard to know were to start. Chassis wise it has Krooze tune front fork mods rear there are Techno Flex from Walter at Yss wheels were completely stripped and rebuilt with new spokes bearins and semigloss twopack hubs Metzeler tyres front and back.
Engine has been resleeved to 330cc with wiseco piston, new rod kit from Stackers and outer main bearings.All bearings through engine replaced with Timkens' GMC pipe to top it all off. Paint is custom twopack all stickers have clearcoat over top. (so no nasty peeling with fuel spills) side covers and front guard are from North West Maico along with seat base and foam, rear guard is fibre glass,(no yellow 77 guard at time).
Controls are all Magura bars renthal all fastners are stainless or have been nickel plated were needed over complete bike.
I think i'll stop there, so If anyone is interested feel free to ask.
Priced at $6500, offers might be considered but not much below that figure.
Remember CD is coming up fast so why not have the pretiest maico out there.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa365/flattracker/P6030053.jpg
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:01:45 pm by flattracker »

albrid-3

Re: 250 AW Maico a better mouse trap?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:43:23 pm »
Very Nice Bike, you done a brilliant job, also is the AW model a motocrosser or enduro model.

Offline flattracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
Motocross model. I could even be willing to deliver to CD9 if the mood takes me!! That gos for the KX420 I,m trying to sell as well.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:28:11 pm »
Flattracker, are you the guy with the nice XS650 flat tracker and a sweet '74 Maico besides this one? If so I now know who you are ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline flattracker

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:45:08 am »
Yeh Firko, that would be me. I'm moving more and more toward dirttrack so I'm trying to off load some bikes to allow a bit of "working room" so to speak. I will never use the Maico cause it's too nice and I'm not good enough to get the best from the KX, so it is with much regret that I'm trying to sell.