Author Topic: VMX - just getting on with business.  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
VMX - just getting on with business.
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:14:39 am »

Motorcross isn't always fun but its all good. This pic of Jimmy Ellis at the 2010 Nats kinda sums up to me the grit and 'suck it up' attitude that I imagine we all would like to show.
Enjoy what we have.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:16:18 am by Canam370 »
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: VMX - just getting on with business.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:00 am »
I remember the first round on sunday morning was the trickiest i had ridden it was slippery and i was glad just to stay upright .The fast guys made it look easy, riding deep mud you have to commit too it and hold it on, i found out again last weekend at frankston that i just dont have it anymore as i struggled in slippery mud .But when you get just one corner right it all comes back to you then when you shoot sideways across the track,feet off the pegs you realise your glory days of roosting up that straight full throttle have passed you buy Hah i used to luv the mud .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: VMX - just getting on with business.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:18 pm »
Good shot of a good weekend. Brings back good and bad memories. Good memories of the riding but bad of the bike deterioration from the weekend. Sitting in ankle deep mud on sunday at the start gate was a bit of a put off but as soon as the throttle come into play and the two wheel drifting the start gate was quickly forgotten. Thats the thing about VMX, big hearts, thick spines, great company and all weather racing.
Keep smiling  Cheers troy