Author Topic: Why would you want kids riding Motorbikes?  (Read 6309 times)

Offline chrisdespo

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Why would you want kids riding Motorbikes?
« on: March 26, 2012, 01:03:14 pm »
Hell i had a great day sunday took the grandsone out for his first ride off the leash. at five hes tall but built like spaghetti, legs like two bits off string with knots in them. he has been working the throttle on the farm quad for a while and me thinks its time so we got the quad bike out that was bought for him. put on the string for the cutout switch and gave him a try around the house . Pappas legs are a bit sore today chaseing the mini quad around but no misshaps. lets lose the string, went from the house padock across the grid into the big front paddock and rode and rode he got stuck in the creek pushed him out with my quad we've had six inches of rain so it was wet its hard to believe that you could see his smile under the mud and inside his full face helmet, i thought he might burst he was so happy he got back to the house with a blister on his thumb and a smile as big as mine....to all those who think that little kids shouldn't ride these bikes and solo's stick it in yer bum..... in the wrong hands and with no training of the dangers yes bikes and cars can be dangerous but its better to teach them young and maybe they might make it to Adulthood  ;)
When in DOUBT GAS IT!!!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Why would you want kids riding Motorbikes?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 01:27:29 pm »
What would people rather your kids be doing, sitting in front of the Xbox like a Zombie, stealing the neighbours car, baking their own Meth, I mean the choices are limitless.

Good on ya mate for giving the young bloke a few pointers and setting him off down the right path.
formerly Marc.com

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 02:32:07 pm »
This is the way it should be.  I started when I was 4 years old and haven't regretted a second of it.  Forever in debt to the olds for getting me into motorsport.  My little one is only 3 now, and he's already obsessed with karts & bikes.

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:18:04 pm »
I started out when I was 4 on a minibike my father built in the mid 60's for the Chimp's in the Sole Bro's Circus.
My son didn't really start when he was about 8, he 15 now and I got him his first serious bike last week, an 08 RMZ 250.
I stayed away from bikes for about 20 years because of injury and my sons develping interest has rekindled my love for the sport.
It didn't take long for the bug to re bite me, now it's something that we do together.
If they can ride a pushbike without trainers, they're old enough.
Well done Chris, you've started a bond that will never be broken, that's the way it should be, too many kid's grow up without a sharing experience with their Parents let alone their Granparents.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:54:09 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:26 pm »
Fantastic, not only did you both enjoy yourselves you have just made life long memories for your grandson that he will never forget and you will be one of the most influential figures in his life.

Good Onya!

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:31:43 pm »
You sould of chaeted with the stop rope. I rode around on another quade holding the rope ;D

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:35:55 pm »
The question should really be, why wouldn't you teach them. ;D

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:56:45 pm »

here's my 15 yo daughter she's just started learning jumps on her 89 rm 80.She comes out every weekend with me and loves it.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:05 pm »
Sometimes I wonder what I've got ourselves into with all the time spent cleaning up two lots of dirty bikes and gear, not to mention the maintenance. Then when someone goes and captures a pic like this, you know it's all very worthwhile!  :D

WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 09:25:07 pm »
can't agree more!my son grew up  when i racing dirt track.we went through the pee wee 50 / rm 50 thing at a young age,but he never showed that much interest. we whent through the football/basket ball stage. In his younger teens he got a bit off the rails. My soloution buy him a Kx 100 ! I didn't have a bike at the time, but would take him out to menai every sunday morning. Didn't take to long before I was scanning the trading post lookin for a bike to ride. The rest is history we now trail ride every time he's back in town (he works in the mines and is motor cycle mechanic by trade ) we have ridden cape york together an do the odd bit of dirt track when we can. dirt bikes have given my son and I a great bond and many great memories

ught

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:15:53 pm »
Piney, will Jack be coming to CD?

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »
And now I have a grandchild to introduce to the motorcycle world ;) :D Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 07:07:01 am »
My little guy is 10 and we love our road trips together to the races or riding, he comes to every race meeting he can with me when he doesn't have his sport on, helps me with the bike, his job is to tighten the spokes.

The whole activity surrounding bike riding has been great for us. The road trips in this great country, the camping, camp cooking, bike maintenance, my racing, time with friends when we ride, planning and building our race trailer. My dad thinks he has become a more confident kid through it all.

I might not be rich in financial terms but I am rich in ways that matter much more! Just hope my body can hold up so we can keep this up for as long as possible.
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:21 am »
Piney you forgot to mention the hangovers, seriously deflated wallet and busted limb.

Slidez Jack wants to be there if hes un town he'll be there.