Author Topic: Nationals Race Sec up date 2012  (Read 18530 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Nationals Race Sec up date 2012
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »
I completely agree Montynut, I cannot see on what basis Dave is arguing this.

Look, I am not trying to be a dick or to unfairly criticise Dave, but this is a national championship and there are rules that have to be followed whether we agree with them or not.

Let's take noise. Chapter 12 is very clear on the requirement. It sets out the process for measurement. Chapter 18 however does not. It simply states an 'effective' muffler must be fitted. So, by the reasoning in this thread, because chapter 18 does not specify what noise limits apply, we can do what we like so long as the muffler is 'effective'.

How about engine measurement? That is all specified in Chapter 12, not chapter 18. So, on what possible basis will we adjudicate such matters. Clearly not what is in chapter 12.

I just don't see how you can selectively apply the rules depending on what you think is in the spirit of things. Who gets to decide that? The Clerk of the Course? The scrutineer? That's a big charge to put on their shoulders.

Montynut

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:40 pm »
Precisely Graeme. I have the greatest regard for Dave and his work on the VMX CDT rules and without doubt it has been a great outcome for us. On this particular interpretation of the rule book I cannot agree with him. More importantly local scrutineers do not agree with him. I don't believe that the rear sprocket guard is an eligibility issue as suggested by Dave it is under the 'safety' banner intent of the rules

At club level what are we to do? A scrutineer makes a ruling, there is no way to argue against it under the rule book and MA (when contacted) indicates that rear sprocket guards are required.

I do not have a problem with fitting rear sprocket guards and have done on all my VMX bikes

Having said that this is probably not the correct place to discuss it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:53:23 pm by Montynut »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »
Agreed, we don't want this thread to degenerate into a shitfight. So I won't make any further comment. But I am keen to see what Col comes back with, and I shall email MA myself seeking clarification. I don't care which way it goes as long as it is cleared up in time for people to know where they really stand.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2012, 07:57:15 pm »
See my reply 68

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2012, 08:06:21 pm »
The MQ CEO has just emailed me "David White (MA) has ruled he will allow this meeting to go ahead without the requirement of the rear chain guard. Further details to follow in writing in due course"

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »
So Wally, can you say fgor sure that no factory Wasp riders used the disc rear before it was sold as an option in 1976.
Any way-we'll enter and talk to the scrutes on the day and sign off on getting a place if need be.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:36 pm »
  That Good News From David White from MA for the Nats

But what about a Club Round this sunday that I am going to .

I dont want to put a  cover on my bike if I dont Have too

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:46:48 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2012, 08:24:49 pm »
2 zip ties and a side cut out of a milk container will be all you need until it is resolved

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »
Chain guards are simple to make, all the effort put into reasons why you dont need one or want one you could of made one. Not too many bikes from 1970 on wouldnt of had one from factory.

All bulls__t aside, keep up the good work and cant wait to be there.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:31 pm »
easier on some bikes troy to do than on others, i have converted a TM one previously and held it on wiht steel clamps.  It almost failed and moved into the wheel..... 

Zipp ties and worm clamps ? you may as well use tissue paper and pipe cleaners....  the point is it should be an option not a requirement.  Not knocked up for looks to pass.  maybe change that to if it was a factory fitting then you need to run one instead ?

hopefully this can be written as such into the classic chapter for 2013 or a Amendment sent out to all SCB to cover this rule off for 2012. 

The option is there for you to do it if you like and should be kept that way.  You only have honda to deal with id put my stick welder on one of them ;)....  but when you start playing with nickel frames and cro-mo and odd shapes and wide sprocket hubs with bolts that catch them......  well im just saying its just not that easy.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:04:22 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2012, 08:29:41 am »
Let's wait and see what the written confirmation from MA says. I'm sure we can rely on the Commisioners to address the issue for the future. The subject is resolved for this event, and will shortly be addressed for the Post Classic and Dirt Track Championhips.
My opinion ( for what it's worth ) is that statistics don't justify such a requirement and an immediate adendum to Sect 18 is the way forward.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:52 pm »
Entries are now well over the 100 mark.
Pre75 250 Open is at capacity, so anyone who only wants to do his age race and not the Open, please urgently advise us so others can get in.
Pre75 263+ is nearing capacity,so if you want to ride that class get your entry in urgently
Ladies, sidecars and Pre60 need more entries.
          Ladies--if only doing the Ladies class, entry fee is waived. Anyone who can trailride can easily handle this track. It is a fun class and all will get a commemorative award, celebrating the first dedicated classic class for women
          Pre60 The response is disappointing as the complaint in recent years has been the old bikes are being squeezed out.This year we are guaranteeing Pre60 their own race (not combined with Pre65),and all will get a commemorative award as the "featured class"           Sidecars--well what can you say?

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
"Sidecars-well what can I say....."
We'll enter on the day Col.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile