Author Topic: There's that figure again....  (Read 5829 times)

husky61

Re: There's that figure again....
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:48 am »
$3,500.00 tops , $10,000.00 shhh your dreaming.

firko

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 11:10:53 am »
It seems that there are more NOS bikes out there than we ever imagined. I heard only the other day of two more 513 and 514 CZs still in their packing cases sitting alongside 2 new unridden CT2 Yamahas the owner found in Thailand or Indonesia. According to my source, the owner is planning on making a big eBay killing with the bikes. My friend wished him luck and departed, muttering the word 'wanker' under his breath as he left. A new '74 CZ enduro recently went for around 3k on US eBay so I'd place the little XR200s value at 5k tops.

I place these NOS bikes in the same classification as a 50K bottle of 1951 Grange Hermitage. It's undoubtably a fine wine but at that price you'd be mad to drink it because all you'd be left with is a $10 empty bottle and a nice memory. It's the same with one of these new bikes. It's only worth anything as long as it's not ridden. Once you ride it, it's just another used bike. If having a piece of furniture shaped like a motorcycle is your bag then these bikes are for you. If you want a bike to ride, be prepared to lose two thirds of it's value on the first ride. 

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »
Must have racked up the 40+ks wheeling it from one room to another!!!! Hey seller it is used OK if it was still in the crate/packaging and not assembled that is NEW OLD STOCK. :(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

huskyrider78

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 01:22:44 pm »
I looked at the photos and thought - "hey, there's grass clippings on those NOS tyres!!! - that knocks a grand off right there" :D

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 02:41:13 pm »
If he gets anywhere near $10K for an XR200, I'm hanging on to my missus' immaculate 2000 model DT175 that's sitting at home gathering dust.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 10:51:02 pm »
...2 new unridden CT2 Yamahas the owner found in Thailand or Indonesia. .... the owner is planning on making a big eBay killing with the bikes.

Maybe he paid $200 for them - in which case he's probably going to double his money...  :D

As one of the few people in the world who give a shit about AT/CT Yamahas, even I can't see the point in paying real money for a new one.
They'd have to be one of the worst old bike investment prospects (not rare, interesting, good nor bad enough to be particularly sought after), and they're not that good to ride.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 11:08:35 pm »
Remarkable, what sort of moron buys a bike like this and leaves it to gather dust - don't tell me the bought it as an investment ::). But it will be still interesting to watch for the eventual price. Starting at $10,000 and 'Reserve Not Meet'; that sets the tone  ;) :D .

But not to worry, "IF RESERVE NOT MET .WE MAY TALK WITH HIGHEST BIDDER". Anyone want to take bets that there will be no bidders  ;D.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160221347989&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com.au%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D%2B160221347989%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

May you live in interesting times  ;D.
Would you believe zero bids  ::) :-[