Author Topic: mnsw classic dirt committee  (Read 3439 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: mnsw classic dirt committee
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:26:53 pm »
 bumpity bump
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:44:47 pm »
Wouldn't it be nice to see people who work for the goodness of the sport at the helm of MNSW for a change. Probably too much to ask I guess ::).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »
thanks pancho & firko for the input. can understand where you are coming from firko but i think "times are a changing" but let`s get a committee going anyway.nsw needs a voice.

Montynut

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 09:28:35 pm »
I was the appointed administrator until resigning a week or so ago.

There were no nominations for the Committee last year and they then called for general nominations and I put my hand up and was appointed only to find I was the only member of the committee. Can you have a committee of only one person ???

I submitted several reports and recommendations. Received exactly zero response, feedback or even contact other than about a weeks’ notice that a report was due for the next board meeting. I would read the board minutes my reports and recommendations were never mentioned, minuted or as far as I could tell even tabled. Very frustrating

What was just as disappointing was I tried to discuss a possible NSW State VMX and a Classic DT championship at a general meeting of a club in NSW and was basically shut down without any real interest :(.

I totally agree with you Mick that we need an effective Classic Dirt Committee in NSW. It needs to have a full compliment of members.

I am sure a club I know would nominate you and if you are keen I would be interested and I am sure we could get a couple of others if you and I approached them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:54:37 pm by Montynut »

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 09:43:45 pm »
bumpity bump

Wally, that sounds like the sound of my head hitting the brick wall of MNSW for the whole of the time we were on the MNSW Dirt Track Sports committee, I resigned because I had had enough of the negative or nil responses from MNSW and the petty politicking, so I do know what Montynut went through.
Foss

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 07:10:24 pm »
sorry montynut forget me having a go. personal & lack of motivation reasons. i can understand your & jap 454 views on mnsw and that is why we need a committee in nsw because if there is no committee then the mnsw board will make a uninformed decision for the sport.

Montynut

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 09:37:04 pm »
I have to give some credit as I may have been too harsh on MNSW. Reading the December Board minutes and they have tabled my submission for a NSW State VMX and Classic Dirt Track Championships and have actually supported the recommendation 8) so maybe I was just not patient enough ::).

My submission recommended holding a single weekend NSW Vintage MX championship catering for Pre60 through to Pre90. The submission also recommended the same basic format for a NSW State Classic Dirt Track Championship.

Naturally this would only be the first stage it would then need a Club or Promoter to apply to host the events.

The submission also suggested the possibility of a State Classic Dirt Champion in each Era by combining scores or results from the Classic DT and VMX State Titles. Not sure if this is practical but I hope it would encourage a return to the days when people rode both DT and MX on a regular basis. I can even remember the two day meetings with MX one day DT the next. Bloody great events 8)

If there are others interested in being on the Classic Dirt Commission of MNSW I would also be interested to be involved. I agree with Micks that we need the Committee otherwise to be a goer otherwise we can only blame ourselves if things don’t happen.

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:39 pm »
I agree with you Montynut, a state title meeting for Classic Dirt Track is a must.
I'm contemplating putting my hand up for the Classic DT committee but have heard all the talk about how difficult it is to have any real impact.
If we all thought like that we can forget about the sport having a future.
I'm still undecided.
Anyone prepared to join me?

Montynut

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:24:31 pm »
The Committee is the Classic Dirt Committee which deals with VMX and Classic Dirt Track in NSW.

Nominations need to be in next week if there are a few interested soles maybe we can make some headway. I'll be in if there is interest.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 12:00:32 am »
Give it a go, guys, you never know , times maybe a'changin, and some fresh faces and ideas may be what's needed.

The Dirt Track committee proposed , a few years ago, to MNSW, the holding of a NSW Classic Dirt Track Champonship and were told it was none of our business !!

It would be something I would like to see happen, at least you got a positive response , Montynut, that's a start.

Foss

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:26:57 am »
Monty PM sent.

Cheers
Shaun

Curly3

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:16 pm »
Well I've just sent my nomination off.
Ask me in 12 months time if I'm happy with my decision?
C'mon Shaun & Montynut, join the revolution.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
Yeah Slidz I'm in. Sending my nomination off on Monday. I hope Greg will too.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37:55 am »
Good onya , lads, great to see !!
Foss