Author Topic: My XY ute.  (Read 1205 times)

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
My XY ute.
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
Re: My XY ute.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:43:00 pm »
Love the long long story on the history of the beast ;D
you should be writing books crash,bern 8)
The questions at the bottom of the ebay page got me laughing to, one bloke said can i drive it home you said in the add twice no motor& box ::)
Unless hes going to do a flin stone move

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:47 pm »
Dads xy is a 6 seater but a sedan I can tell you with 6 in there it is like sardines in a can I'd love to see six jump out of the front of the ute be like a clown car.

Good description comedy seems to sell on eBay maybe if you said you'd throw in some spark plugs for the winning bidder. ;)
1971 tm400 and PE's

mainline

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 11:19:35 pm »
Should have hung onto my XW ute for a while longer. Sold it for $400 10 yrs ago and it was a goer.

number 87

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:10:03 am »
Cheers crash n bern, most entertaining read ive experienced on a Monday morn for quite some time. . . . .

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 12:04:52 pm »
Mick, the bloke who wanted to drive it home was taking the piss.  Usually when you write a funny add it brings the comics out of the woodwork.  Thanks for the compliment on my writing.  Yes I should write books and to think my english teacher failed me.  So did the art teacher and I've spent the last 30 years making a good living as an artist.

Frosty, the spark plug idea is brilliant I might add it.

The markets flat at the moment and I don't expect too much. A few years ago one like mine went for $3,000.  But there's a few for sale at the moment some starting at $500 with no bids.  Murphy's law, I always seem to sell up when the markets dead and buy when it's peaking.  I've just come to the point where I have too many projects and time and age are beating me and it's time to move some stuff so I can focus on the more important ones.  Or as my beautiful partner has pointed out.  Make some room so you can actually get to them and have the time to play with them.  Which seems to be the lament of most of us who hoard projects.