Author Topic: Not Happy  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Not Happy
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:27:05 pm »
Does anybody else feel they are getting to old :'( I have spent two hours measuring and calculating, swearing and kicking ... and it still wont work I can not easily fit a centreport XL350 ( well 420 now....) into an SL 125 frame... Yep I am thinking of giving up the idea ,that has to be old age. :( Tim
Bare in mind I did once create a  CB500/4 +SL125 hybrid , shite I believe I should res erect that one it was a .........hoot :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 10:31:36 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Not Happy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:08 pm »
Yippee!!! sort of ....It fits in backwards  ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Quicksilver

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:51:02 pm »
Yippee!!! sort of ....It fits in backwards  ::)

Now all you need to do is fit sprocket to front wheel. ;D. 8) ;D

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 04:07:17 pm »
Break out the angle grinder and make it fit.

Doc

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 04:42:58 pm »
yeah the flexi discs these days cut it nice and neat  :P

the main problem you're having here Tim is you're doing it arse about. Instead of trying to fit the motor into the frame try fitting the frame around the motor..whatever gets in the way..cut it off  ;D

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:32:30 pm »
Tim754, you have my sympathy.  about a year ago, I dug into my pile of useless garbage, and as my old RM125a frame had already had the engine mount butchered, I decided to install a Suzuki X7 250 motor - Why? - too much Rough Red I guess.  Everything went to plan, dropped straight in.  What a goer for flat track, geared to do the ton!  Now where do the pipes go?  Not a 4stroke, so got to make up chambers & fit somewhere.  I'll sleep on it. 
Woke up sober, last nights great scheme shelved for next time I've had a few sips.
Mike

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 05:45:02 pm »
Hmmm chop the downtubes off and use the engine as a stressed member Tim, then just bolt a new ally frabrication on like the new roadbikes have. Teeerick ;D

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:59:29 pm »
Unable to continue today on the not so grand plan, but have not yielded to sanity yet.... Elsewhere there is a thread on the Ducati RT450 (Arr the Pizza section??) They are a heavy stressed member job I believe,,, so Hmmmm.. then the carby that sticks into rear of  main frame is a small mega drama too :D
                                                   Voltaire.

Doc

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 11:34:19 pm »
you'd prolly have better luck fitting an SL350 in there Tim  ;)

Been pondering the idea of a TM250 donk in a TM125 myself ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 11:39:22 pm by Doc »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 11:53:45 pm »
Doc you had a TM400 engine and pissed it off! Ya Wuss.... :D Hmm A TM125 frame I still got at least half a dozen + (well more not sure now how many..) 754s about they are dry sump so makes things a bit easier in some respects , shame about where to put the oil tank and the four carbies would stick out a tad wider than a TM tank a bit and and .... Stuff it I will send you a CB500/4 Yes thats the go!!!!  :D :D :D :D Why am I dribbling all this foam ??why are you looking at me ???and the voices ::) in my head are .......
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 11:54:46 pm »
I have a project a bit like yours Tim and Quickie's but I don't want to make it public just yet until I'm sure it will work  :-\  things are starting to come together tho if the bike turns out like the one I've built in my head a 1000 times I'll be real happy  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

YSS

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:51 am »
Tim dont worry , I bought 3 new Wasp frames  and not one engine ever fitted . I bought a Wasp Metisse Solo frame and the mounts where 12 mm out centre . The footrests did not even go near where they should have . I paid alot of money and did not get what I wanted . I hope that makes you feel better.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:04:24 am »
That is a shocker YSS-they should make anyone feel better who has a similar predicament.

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 09:39:27 am »
Tim .... When theres a will there's always a way , oxy and 5 " cut off wheels would be a start
          with my hybrid I have used the bottom cradle grafted onto donour frame . cut and shut  ;)