Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 9994 times)

Curly3

Re: Avatars
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »
No back flip Firko, last night I was only agreeing with that particular quote from C&B, when I copied it into my reply it didn't come up as a quote from someone else.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 02:59:26 pm »
Hey Firko,

Nude photos of Maggie please. Grrrrrrrowl.  ;)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

maxvmx

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 05:49:48 pm »
I presume that accessing OZVMX on the work computer during work time might also be against company policy so as much as I'm sorry my avatar prevents you from accessing OZVMX, it might just be saving you getting into strife with the boss.

I'm sorry that my opinion won't weigh as much as others or for that matter seem unpopular - there were times at during the week that having a minute of escapism from the stresses of work were a welcome relief but that luxury was taken when some of these avatars were used. As I said before, I'm not objectionable to them - they just exclude my accessability to this site. I have not PM'd anyone with this complaint, all that I have said is what you're reading.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 07:08:59 pm »
Firko i to find your avatar offensive  (i could live with Julia) or Helen
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 07:15:05 pm »
You know, it's kinda weird that this thread has gone off the rails too. What is it that gets everyone so riled up? I asked a simple question arising from a few complaints I'd received, primarily about a couple of relatively rude avatars and some insulting bylines. I've got a sense from comments on what the 'standard' should be and will implement that.

All the rest of this crap is just that. And no-one said anything about the Kevlar boobs as far as I can see - in no way was that one highlighted in particular. In fact I specifically said it was fine.

The decision is to allow mildly risque avatars if people wish to use them, but it would be preferable if all avatars were in good taste and relevant. Insulting or unnecessarily rude sigs are right out. I will moderate on that basis.

So, how about we leave it at that and move onto left hand Honda footpegs or something?