Author Topic: Newtown Victoria 1983  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Newtown Victoria 1983
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 06:22:52 pm »
Hi "All things 414"
Thank you for the kind words and the kind welcome to the forum ,I really appreciate it and it is great to read about some of the great things that have happened over the years .Yes I did have a big Cart Wheel at Learmonth and decided to give up competition that day so I do a little dirt bike riding around Ballarat and I also do a bit of road riding down the great Ocean road on my KTM motard these days racing any thing that will take me on  but I do long to do more competition on the track. By the way were you riding in the Learmonth event ?

All Things 414

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 09:09:15 pm »
Yes I was. After about an hour into the race, all the bunting had dissapeared and guys were going every which way. It was my first race of any type after a break of a few years and a guy shot across in front of me (at approx 90 degrees and fully pegged) so I decided to retire to fight another day. I think they called it off after about two hours but you were probably off to the land of nod by that stage.... ;D

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 07:17:19 pm »
This is another shot at Newtown of my Dad riding a 350 Royal Enfield he restored back in the 70's. It was a great bike, Ace Mc Ewen borrowed it and won a race at Newtown because he reckoned it was better than his Ducatti 350.Sorry about the quality of the shot