Author Topic: Rokon  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rokon
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:13 am »
This ones been up before. The seller didn't mind providing info about the bike. It looks tidy but there's been a Dulux rebuild on the wheels. Be a good thing though if you want something different and it has a few tasty goodies fitted.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline farmer58za

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:49:28 am »
The Rokons are "Love or Hate" bikes.

If you can set them up right and live with the weight and transmission quirks, you'll love them. Going fast has never been this easy. Many guys get on them and hate the lack of direct power transfer and engine braking.

The enduro models are well sorted, but I dunno about the MX ones....
Engines are plenty fast.

BTW, the pull starter on the Ebay bike needs to go back 90 degrees anti clockwise. Maybe that says a bit about the prep on the rest of the bike........

Regards
David
Dave's not here man

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 08:08:54 am »

BTW, the pull starter on the Ebay bike needs to go back 90 degrees anti clockwise. Maybe that says a bit about the prep on the rest of the bike........

Regards
David

Not so David.The Cobra ran the starter in the forward position standard to clear your knee/shin when you moved forward for cornering during a race. This position is only practical on the mx'er as the regulator housing interferes with the starter on the enduro versions in the forward position. The forward position also makes starting a bit trickier.....you are much more likely to run yourself over :D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:43:54 am by Canam370 »
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline farmer58za

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 08:18:16 pm »

Thanks Canam - learn something new every day!
Forwards like that looks really unpractical.........

Regards
David

Regards
David

Not so David.The Cobra ran the starter in the forward position standard to clear your knee/shin when you moved forward for cornering during a race. This position is only practical on the mx'er as the regulator housing interferes with the starter on the enduro versions in the forward position. The forward position also makes starting a bit trickier.....you are much more likely to run yourself over :D
Dave's not here man