Author Topic: Photos from today's Retro MX at Canberra - 13 November 2011  (Read 955 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Photos from today's Retro MX at Canberra - 13 November 2011
« on: November 13, 2011, 11:11:24 PM »

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Photos from today's Retro MX at Canberra - 13 November 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
Well done guys, how was the days racing?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »
F#%king great.   :)

No points for guessing who won, but I think everyone found someone to race with. Dougy, Graham, Ekka, Marty and Craig all managed to have entertaining tussles in the top five. Graham's sure picked the pace up on the 250.

Gerard's bloody TT is way faster than it has any right to be. Adding the the effect, he looks slow - until you try to catch him!  :D

Bill C was quick until mildly tweaking his knee.
Dennis' bike was running like pooh, and he called it quits after nearly being landed on by one of those young lunatics (Bill...  ;D ).
Snowy hardly had any crashes. The one time I saw him having a mid-race lie-down was after he got tagged by another bike, so I can't even make fun of him for it.
Woody had a fairly solid crash in the first race. Got into one of those tank-slippers where the bike started wiggling like a fish under him, and then went splat. He finished the day with no dramas.

Most of us also raced Over 35s - some on our old bikes, some on moderns.
Deano won the combined O35s and ladies races (on his modern), only being threatened by a young Yass lass who has just moved into Seniors.
I had a moment on my 94 YZ, where I jumped very nose high. It was ugly but OK. Got back to the pits to be told how I'd nearly died, with the bike being vertical...
I also managed to stall on the good line in front of plenty of traffic (fourth corner of the race). Snowy also stalled, trying to avoid collecting me. A few long moments waiting for some lunatic to take either/both of us out, but it all worked out in the end...

A great day's racing.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:06:20 AM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

crankpin

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »

I am sooo jealous.

All we have is wind and rain at this time of year  :'(