Author Topic: Village Photos  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Village Photos
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:49:27 pm »
does anybody know what has happened to the website  - www.villagephotos.com - - may be time to migrate somewhere else?

thanks
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Village Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:51:18 pm »
use photobucket, everybody else does.  Stable, easy to load and obviously has enough advertising dollars comingin to maintain and keep its servers and your pictures up for a few years more.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 01:00:44 pm »
use photobucket, everybody else does.  Stable, easy to load and obviously has enough advertising dollars comingin to maintain and keep its servers and your pictures up for a few years more.
Not everybody Freaky, I've been using Village for years with no problems or complaints until now. I've been trying to get on since early last week and I was getting a message that they were changing servers and would be down until the first of the month. I notice that there's now a 'Temporarily Unavailable' message up.  Wait until the first of November and see if they return online. If not, I've lost a shitload of easily accessed photos and it's over to Photo Bucket.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:57:31 am »
I also am a Village Photos customer, but not sure for how long now.  I sent an email to them about the disruption and they did reply saying they were trying to get a new ISP.  But that was several days ago and their website is still "unavailable".

I have a Photobucket account now as well and at some point I will lose patience with Village and terminate my subscription.

What a pain in the a$%^.  >:(

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »
It must certainly be a right royal pain in the butt, but remember both Village and Photobucket are FREE. So I don't know if loosing patience with them and terminating your sub will have much of an impact [on them] - dollar for dollar you are way out in front with the service they have supplied to date.

Perhaps, like all the young kiddies, you should look to the Clouds....  ;)
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 12:18:39 pm »
I have a premium account with Village, so losing my business will affect them a little.  ::)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:00 pm »
The you should definitely look to the Clouds...
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »
I have a premium account with Village, so losing my business will affect them a little
Me too :'(
Village Photos has missed the "first of the month" promise to be back on line so it's starting to look like they've gone belly-up. I've signed up with Photobucket but it's going to take forever (if ever) to get my photo files up to the thousands that I've probably lost. It's not really such a big deal but I just wish I hadn't just renewed my bloody premium account >:(
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

mx250

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:31 pm »
............ but it's going to take forever (if ever) to get my photo files up to the thousands that I've probably lost.
Gee I hope not, that would be a loss for all of us >:(.

It would always be prudent to have back up but I'm sure Village will get they act together. It would be hard to image if they didn't.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »

Gee I hope not, that would be a loss for all of us .
I've saved most of my photos on my external hard drive but they're in a pretty haphazard order. On Village I had 'em sorted into specific files, making it pretty easy to put my finger on a particular photo at a couple of minutes notice. As it stands at the moment I have to dig through my shots on the external hard drive, upload them to Photobucket and then download onto the forum or wherever. These days if something takes longer than a couple of minutes I lose interest pretty quickly  ::).

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 01:08:19 pm »
WTF are you talking about Walter ??? ? This has nothing to do with political paranoia, it'a about saving pictures of old bikes, nothing else.....jeez Louise ::) ::) ::)