Author Topic: Go Qantas  (Read 6207 times)

mx250

Re: Go Quantas
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 09:19:46 am »
2 Bob says that Bob Hawke will get some media on how he solved a similar problem by threatening to use Airforce pilots.

and its QANTAS ,not QUANTAS . Just saying save you getting called a mentally ill substance abuser by that young Einstein from Yass

Hey, <snip>

(I'm impressed by the auto correct).
Ahhhhhhhhh, take it elsewhere guys (preferable carve each other up on a track somewhere 8))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:17:05 am by Mod1 »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Go Quantas
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 09:27:44 am »
Hey, <snip>.
(I'm impressed by the auto correct).

Too far Nathan.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:21:55 am by Mod1 »
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Go Qantas
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:29 am »
Interesting. I got the un-abridged version!
 Time to shut this one down methinks. :P
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 10:07:37 am »
I'm only asking for the crap to stop. Its been gong for months and I'm over it. Turning the other cheek hasn't worked.
He fails to adequately express his views on off-topic discussions, and then resports to personal attacks all over the place in some delluded attempt to "win at the internet".

Poor stupid little man hasn't realised that I don't insult him at all when he is civil to me.
Even dramatic, deliberate over-reactions from me haven't registered with him.
He's clearly not interested in actually resolving things, and really only wants to make it a public pissing up the wall competition.

I had hoped Graeme was going to make good on his threats of a ban, but apparently not.

Tell me what else I should do?

CanAm370, I dodged the swear-word filter, because "banana" has less clarity than the C-word.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 10:24:52 am »
He who 'lets go' shows magnanimity and character. He who 'hangs on' shows pettiness and weakness.

Trust the forum. Forum members can pick foolishness and angst, it doesn't have to be pointed out to them. They'll make their own judgement with or without others adding to the fire ;) 8).

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 10:32:19 am »
Unless you are a narrow minded, self satisfied, apathetic, small time, service industry provider such as a Carpet Cleaner or Cafe Owner or Personal Trainer, we all should be vitally interested in these proceedings and shenanigans.  There are moral, political, national and economic consequences and ramifications for all of us.

Too true, anyway Qantas has managed to do very nicely compared to other national carriers given the 2 airline policy and that Qantas has cheerfully managed to exploit its position with terminal space over the years to rid itself of competitors. All with successive Governments ie the tax payer, backing them all the way.

I get more than a little annoyed when outfits like Qantas want to run themselves like a private corporation,  maximising shareholder and executive management returns but then expect to dip into the tax payers pocket or borrow their pilots when the shit hits the fan. You either stand alone under the same terms as normal private airline, OR you realise you are cut some huge advantages by the Australian tax payer being behind you and you manage the company with a degree of social responsibility. Australia has a right to expect more out of its large companies than simply share holder return.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:32 am »

CanAm370, I dodged the swear-word filter, because "banana" has less clarity than the C-word.

:o 8)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 10:39:57 am »
I get more than a little annoyed when outfits like Qantas want to run themselves like a private corporation,  maximising shareholder and executive management returns but then expect to dip into the tax payers pocket or borrow their pilots when the shit hits the fan. You either stand alone under the same terms as normal private airline, OR you realise you are cut some huge advantages by the Australian tax payer being behind you and you manage the company with a degree of social responsibility. Australia has a right to expect more out of its large companies than simply share holder return.

Just listeneing to Jullien on news saying there is a law they discussed weeks ago to stop it,but the law has never been used in the Australian history and they where worried about the ramifications of the law  :-\  - Go figure- Ditch the law then.  ::)
Melbourne cup maybe a tad quiet trackside tomorrow..perhaps fill the day with a bit of grass track sliders  :P  ::)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:51 am »
He who 'lets go' shows magnanimity and character. He who 'hangs on' shows pettiness and weakness.

Trust the forum. Forum members can pick foolishness and angst, it doesn't have to be pointed out to them. They'll make their own judgement with or without others adding to the fire ;) 8).

You have just been sent a personal message by Nathan S on Ozvmx Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Nothing tonight?

I am disappointed.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 11:48:24 am »
Just listeneing to Jullien on news saying there is a law they discussed weeks ago to stop it,but the law has never been used in the Australian history and they where worried about the ramifications of the law  :-\  - Go figure- Ditch the law then.  ::)
Melbourne cup maybe a tad quiet trackside tomorrow..perhaps fill the day with a bit of grass track sliders  :P  ::)
cheers A

Keehrist we are happy to see any rights workers have in Australia dismantled as long as everyone can make it to a bloody horse race. I mean the fact is that the Qantas workers have been locked out by some Yank who is more interested in playing hard ball than resolving issues and seems to not have grasped that Qantas is important to Australia, but no more improtant than the right of Australians to organised labor.

Still I guess a Yank has a much better idea than an Australian how to run Qantas and crush organised labor, I mean they have a lot more experience than Aussies in owning slaves.

Hell why not run Qantas fly in fly out from Jakarta, ideal organisation as you get cheap flights.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:50:09 am by marcFX »
formerly Marc.com

Curly3

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:36 pm »
I think he's an Irishman Marc, but I know what you're saying.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 12:33:40 pm »
Irish born, Aussie Citizen, apparently.

Lots of interesting discussion on another forum, inc serval posts from people who actually know what they're on about...

The most common theory:
Joyce wants to shut down Qantas so they can dodge the "Australian based" stuff that was written into their constitution when it was privatised in 1995 - and set up "Big Al's Airline" in SE Asia.

Other (largely unverified) comments include:

1. Jetstar gets all the new planes, while Qantas have to pay to maintain the older, more maintenance-intensive older places.
2. Lots of work that's supposedly done overseas has to be re-done in Australia, taking from the Aussie budget.
3. Joyce (his personal company, I presume) actually owns some of the Qantas fleet, and leases the planes to Qantas - which is why the Board is so complicit in his wishes.
4. Grounding the whole fleet was completely unjustifiable, consindering that none of the domestic staff unions are involved.

Interesting times ahead.
This could be a massive opportunity for Gillard to take a stand. I think she's done OK so far (but - like always - would have done a lot better with a tiny bit of explaination), but for once the majority of popular opinion aligns with the broad position her party is supposed to support.
Whether she manages to do anything positive for her government, the Qantas workers or Qantas as a whole, remains to be seen.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:43:41 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 12:45:12 pm »
Found this amusing, even though I know its nothing like the whole story...:

Consider the performance of these two Qantas employees.

Name: Allan Joyce.
Nationality: Irish
Salary: $2,850,000 p.a.
Rise sought: 70% to $5,000,000 p.a.
Job: to create value in the company and run the Airline economically.
Job Performance: Company value has dropped 71% under his control.

Name: general L-AME.
Nationality: Australian.
Salary: approx. $95,000 p.a.
Rise sought: 5% to $98,750 p.a.
Job: To maintain the Qantas fleet in good order.
Job Performance: Never, ever lost a jet airframe.

Who's vandalising QANTAS?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 01:05:12 pm »
Was plain(plane) to see that the stink with the unions was a deliberate stratergy to begin to dismantle the 'Australian' element of Qantas.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »
Was plain(plane) to see that the stink with the unions was a deliberate stratergy to begin to dismantle the 'Australian' element of Qantas.

Whats next, I have a suggestion, to dismantle the Australian element of federal government and sub contract it to a call center in Delhi .... couldn't be any less effective in making a stand on any issue.

Shirt the mining rich Aussie government could buy and sell Joyce so lets sell him and possibly run our own airline and planes like in the good old days. I mean the 'Australian part' in the constitution of Qantas was to protect Australian sovereign interest, with Qantas being considered a strategic assett for an island nation.... part of the national wealth. Remember part of Qantas rapidly diminishing brand value is its link to the Australian nation.

I mean lets just throw out the 'Australian part' in the Australian constitution to suit foreign interests.... oh wait a minute the Government has already done that.
formerly Marc.com