Author Topic: Tarring and feathering  (Read 4229 times)

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Tarring and feathering
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »
The world has suffered ever since tarring and feathering has been taken of the books.Corupt council workers,corupt police,corperations that keep you on hold for to long,unhelpful shop assistants,bastards that that look at you the wrong way:All need to be taken out strapped to a lamp post[tree] what ever and painted with tar and have a bag of feathers dumped over them.Please add whoever you think might benefit by this action.You may say or think that I am not politicaly correct: And you would be right: maybe you need tarring and feathering too.p.
what ! Who me ? Nah

mx250

Re: Tarring and feathering
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 07:26:13 pm »
Bad day hey Paco?  :P

TooFastTim

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:22:38 pm »
Oh WTF, lets skip over the tarring and feathering lark and go straight for lynch mobs shall we?  :P

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 09:29:30 pm »
Epay Officials spring to mind.  ::)

The worlds in need of a good tarring and feathering party. ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 09:31:28 pm »
Theres some people hanging around Wall St at the moment, I hope they dont see this. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:01 am »
Actually Graeme,friday was the bad day and a few glasses of red wine bought it all back.{Oh the horror:The trauma] I was on the phone to A.G.L.Australian gas and light: About my solar panel rebate.Guess what.They say they never received my paper work; so I miss out on the rebate.One hour I was on the phone,talking to some one who couldn't figure out that the letter V was not the letter W.[Is it Hawaii or havaii] Anyhow after being on the phone for an hour; I managed to get exactly nowhere.Oh Tim,lynching seems a little to severe.Or is that sewere?Another glass and I should be either ready to take on the world or go back to bed.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:27 am »
Terry Gilliams ‘Brazil’ comes true…(no surprise really)

“Terry Gilliam’s Brazil imagines a world in which bureaucracy has won. It is a terrifying vision of the future. Brazil is a place where forms and procedures are more important than people, and where a paperwork error is the fault of the victim, not the bureaucrat who made it.”
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 10:34:19 am »
“Terry Gilliam’s Brazil imagines a world in which bureaucracy has won. It is a terrifying vision of the future. Brazil is a place where forms and procedures are more important than people, and where a paperwork error is the fault of the victim, not the bureaucrat who made it.”

Yep that is totally where my organisation is at the moment, HR, Financial controllers, legal adviser, general affairs ??, auditors for various things, safety nazis, Sox compliance auditors  and a bunch of these positions that are duplicated at corporate, group, region, area, product division

So I am voting with my feet after 20 years, I want to go back into a company that still talks about the customers and the product..... if that exists
formerly Marc.com

TooFastTim

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 11:21:39 am »

A fellow fan! Brilliant movie.

Tuttle, Buttle.....?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:41:16 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Count me in as another fan...a gonzo take on Orwells 1984.
Yep that is totally where my organisation is at the moment, HR, Financial controllers, legal adviser, general affairs ??, auditors for various things, safety nazis, Sox compliance auditors  and a bunch of these positions that are duplicated at corporate, group, region, area, product division

One of the reasons I took early retirement was to escape the ever increasing beurocracy and over zealous OH&S dictators that were making it harder and harder for me to get the job done. The fluro 'high awareness' safety clothing thing was the straw that broke this particular camels back. What a crock of insurance industry driven shite that is.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 11:52:12 am »
Is brazil a book and movie ? Or just a book ? I'll have to get a copy.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 11:59:26 am »
One of the reasons I took early retirement was to escape the ever increasing beurocracy and over zealous OH&S dictators that were making it harder and harder for me to get the job done.

Yep Maritime NZ seem to be filling this role at the moment, with salvage teams with real expertise delayed by 3 days while an organization with little expertise and no credible leadership tries to work out if it is 'safe' or not. It has nothing to do with safety, quality, compliance etc and everything to do with a society that wants to shelter behind someone rather than take any self responsibility.

Still clock is running down on the current regime.
formerly Marc.com

TooFastTim

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 12:46:22 pm »
Is brazil a book and movie ? Or just a book ? I'll have to get a copy.p

Movie. Jonathon Price and Robert de Niro (briefly)

Offline paco

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »
Thanks Tim,I'll be sure and get to see it.p
what ! Who me ? Nah

TooFastTim

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 02:56:25 pm »
From IMDB:

"Sam Lowry is a harried technocrat in a futuristic society that is needlessly convoluted and inefficient. He dreams of a life where he can fly away from technology and overpowering bureaucracy, and spend eternity with the woman of his dreams. While trying to rectify the wrongful arrest of one Harry Buttle, Lowry meets the woman he is always chasing in his dreams, Jill Layton. Meanwhile, the bureaucracy has fingered him responsible for a rash of terrorist bombings, and both Sam and Jill's lives are put in danger."

Quotes (also IMDB):

Charlie, Department of Works: "Bloody typical, they've gone back to metric without telling us. "

Arresting Officer: "This is your receipt for your husband... and this is my receipt for your receipt."