Author Topic: What’s your training regime?  (Read 5934 times)

oldfart

Re: What’s your training regime?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:31 pm »
Walking to the car seems to work for me.   Bedroom athletics are only a memory these days  ;D

Taka 100

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:25 pm »
get up straight to the kitchen expresso machine on , walk to the computer see if i can get some more treasures , walk back to the kitchen double shot expresso on heart health milk, bacons on eggs on , no toast forget the carbs they will kill ya quick at 54 yrs young , glass of filtered water mad pill ,nexium pill, arthritis meds, wait till everyone goes to work fire up one of the vintage irons quick blat to the forrest , come backs 40mins ,(or in the case of the latest bike push it home from 3k's out ), shower , into town thai lunch  $8 beautiful , black pepper -garlic beef with rice and vegs (chilli sometimes)  (carbs ok at this time of day) go to bike shop ask dicko tech tips and use his coffee machine  buy some stuff then go home work on bikes , do at least 15mins once a week in the yard and make sure the dinner cooked before the boss gets home from work. walk the bue healer bitch for 20 mins 4 times a week.
thats about it you can vary it at any time , menu is great at the thai house i 'v lost weight since eating there and got heaps more energy, its all in what you eat dont eat macca's kfc or any pizza's and drink mid strenght beer.
live on a big hill when wanting excersize trying bump starting a flooded husky , that will take up 40 mins of kicking and pushing back to the garage , i leave one untuned just for exercise.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:31:44 pm by Taka 100 »

Offline Trav Man

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
Jumping in and out of the truck 10-12 hours a day is enough for me and then after that a stubby or 4 alternating hands to work out and prevent the arm pump  ;)

Trav Man
Current Rides:
1982 PE250Z http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=20714.0
2007 GSX1400 The Beast

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »
Training ???? is there a sheep station up for grabs? ;D
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 09:30:12 pm »
Oldfart, grow another goatee

albrid-3

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 09:32:13 pm »
Training, I run 12 kms daily, swim twice a week in the bath tub, on the weekends I ride my mountain bike 40 km, I open the stick books to get physical reaction,  all for a plastic medalion  >:( what a wallie

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 10:41:33 pm »
 I agree with the bloke who said. There are only 2 reasons to go running (1 you are being chased) (2 you are on fire)

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 11:40:48 pm »
Every time I exercised I felt bad afterwards - so I stopped making myself feel bad. I feel fine when I don't exercise so this proves to me that exercise is bad for your health. ::)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Taka 100

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:58 am »
and i nearly forgot to be in the best condition with a well jetted and tuned inner (gizzards) you have to  best anti oxidant on the planet its berries, blackberries, blueberries, rasberries, not strawberries, maybe some huckleberries get about a kilo of them either frozen or fresh (man you'll get ripped apart trying to get em fresh) and get a cheap bottle of vodka i believe the best candidate is made in orange NSW,  and stuff the berries into a big glass bottle of the wodka ,with a cup of sugar seal it air tight leave in a dark place for up to 3 months too late for mr vmx , unless you ask me for some of mine and there you have it ,,,, go juice full of goodness  8) 8) your inner tuning will go from bluuuuurt , bluuuuuuurt , bluuuuuuurt...... to rrraaant rrrraaant rrrraaant ....ning ning ning ning.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:46:11 am by Taka 100 »

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 07:44:59 am »
Every day 3 Jugs of Lion Red beer,3 x Burnout with double cheeseburgers followed by more lion Red and before bed a Black Russian to relax the muscles
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

number 87

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 02:43:26 pm »
Training regime?

Ha ha hardy farking har. . . . . . . didn't train 25 years ago, had the same philosophy since day 1.

My bikes have engines . . .
I go to work so that i can earn money to buy bang water (fuel) . . .
Engine + bang water = motive power . . . .
Motive power + gearbox = forward motion = happy. . . . . .
More bang water and air = More forward motion = More happy . . . . .
And that good people of vintageland, is why they are called MOTORcycles . . .
And that is why i dont need no stinking training!

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2011, 02:53:58 pm »
I did a workout on the home gym the other week and felt good for it.  Trouble is doing it again.  Having just done 3 days and over a thousand K's  wrestling a 950 super enduro through the dirt at 52, I need to get fitter.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2011, 02:55:39 pm »
. So much so that I crave now my workouts. At 51, I am now fitter than I have been since my 20s!
What’s your training regime?

I don't know man I think my 20s is not coming again, but cycling and gym used to be a big part of week day training back in the day and the bike every weekend. Not sure my body could stand the pounding it got staying fit the first time round..... at the moment I am watching my diet and started back at gym just lifting weights.
formerly Marc.com

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:35 pm »
Monday Ashfield Hotel 3 schooners per hour for 2 hours
Tuesday Asfield RSL 3 schooners per hour 2 hours (cheap tuesday)
Wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday - much of the same
Sunday - Raceday
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...