Author Topic: KLX 250 missing bits  (Read 7630 times)

Offline giler

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: KLX 250 missing bits
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 10:40:21 pm »
I'd like  the sump guard strap, The ignition ignitor  [cdi] box rubber mounted cage,  headlight and tail light. I can get pattern parts for the mudguards.

Just managed to get a nos sump guard strap - would dimensions help?
Also found an original silencer. As soon as younger son's bedroom is finished I can get cracking on the bike!
We are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time!

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 05:08:10 am »
 No I've got one on the other bike. I lost one at a race. The remaining one is double nutted with nylocks and loctite!
Where did you find it?

Offline giler

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 08:33:27 pm »
Strap was on egay from US. Need wrist pin and clips for a piston I have, thought Z Power?
Plus valve stem seals, then legal tyres and a couple of bits like grips etc.

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 01:17:57 am »
 Not to sure on the piston though Grouty will know other stuff is Corby Kawasaki or Cradley kawasaki. Kawasaki valve seals are expensive! Anyone know of cheaper substitutes?

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 07:03:14 am »
I think I have a new pin and clips somewhere. I will have a look over the weekend. No good to me anymore as I use the MTC piston and those lovely teflon buttons. At least if you are running the std Kawasaki piston you can run on normal un-leaded !
I use the valve seals supplied in the top end or complete gasket sets. They work and last just fine. Aftermarket gaskets are excellent and not that expensive.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline giler

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 08:18:40 pm »
I think I have a new pin and clips somewhere. I will have a look over the weekend. No good to me anymore as I use the MTC piston and those lovely teflon buttons. At least if you are running the std Kawasaki piston you can run on normal un-leaded !
I use the valve seals supplied in the top end or complete gasket sets. They work and last just fine. Aftermarket gaskets are excellent and not that expensive.

Thanks Grouty.

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 10:40:49 am »
Searched the cellar tonight, and I'll be buggered if I can find those bits. I will try the workshop tomorrow. Trouble is, that they don't feature in the memory bank as I have never had a need to use them. Did come accross a few heads that I forgot I had !
Thumpers Rule !

Offline cloggy

• A-Grade
    • View Profile