Author Topic: Coming soon to a showground near you - the most fun on a dirtbike. Ever  (Read 19097 times)

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Coming soon to a showground near you - the most fun on a dirtbike. Ever
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2011, 10:41:03 AM »
i was there last year, had the best time, so much fun, dont no how canberra date clash, but has, spewwwwwin
be good if canberra postponed, be even better if my daughter could get a ride at canowindra, what to do

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48:54 AM »
be even better if my daughter could get a ride at canowindra, what to do

ask the president/event organiser is she can sqeeze a few laps off at the end of the day...
Kids "Its all about bribery and corruption"  ;)  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »
Just had a text from Greg, only 15mm of rain so far, looking good,
As far as juniors go we cater for 12 to 16 year olds. You would have to ask the MA officials at the end of the day.
There is a lot of land around there you could also ride on.

Rgds

ted

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
I wanna see Mick B planes buzz the track at 400 k`s +

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:41 AM »
wow saturday 2 to 10 degrees but warming to 13 on Sunday thank goodness. otherwise might get cold cant wait ;D ::)

hope meal on Saturday not salad and icecream :P

any firewood greg ???
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:41:38 AM by Turtle.Inc »
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 06:42:46 AM »
hey guys n gals arrived home at 1.30am this mornning from newcastle [just short drive up and bak] skies clear and stars out awoke six this morning a little cloudy but all looking ok .a little cool ,might have to wear a shirt and shoes but i am off to do track bunting and fill water cart so see you all soon,CHEERS GREG

Offline rtb

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »
just had tea with the Heaven gang at the track. If you aren't here then you will miss out big time.

For those who have second thoughts about the weather then just man up and get your backside trackside.

Track is all set out and ready to go.

Don't forget you can still enter tomorrow morning so pack your bags and load the bikes and make your way to Canowindra.

Sunday night footy final on the big screen at the Golf Club, all welcome.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
Too rooted to type much, but it was awesome.  8)

Rained yesterday (Sat) and it was crazy slick. Today started off slick, but ended up great.

Damo took home the Canowindra Cup, again.

Had two Greg Norman moments on the YZ125X - lead one race for a bit and then freaked out and dropped to second. Then crashed while in second in the next race...  :P Worst bit was not being able to get up before Snowy a) saw me and b) got past...  :-[ .....  :D

Marty/the mud blew up my MX250.

The KDX had weird brake issues - jamming on for no apparent reason, etc. Still fun to ride, though.

Massive thanks to Greg and the crew for making it happen - particularly in the rain yesterday.
Also thanks to Noel and Pete for the ride on your bikes, to Greg for the make-shift sump-plug and to Shaun for the boots after I forgot mine...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:20:04 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2011, 09:08:11 PM »

Like to thank greg for all his hard work, but sadly we didnt need the green machine water truck he fabed up  ;)
And a big thanks to the heaven commitee
I loved the slipping and sliding on sat ,I had a few get offs but no broken body bits
The rain made it more fun 8)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Wow - maybe this event never happened?
Maybe Mick25 and I just spent the weekend taking illegal substances, and we imagined the whole thing... maaaaan?!
Maybe we imagined nearly another 100 riders being there?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
It did happen!  And was a blast.  After having been in the non-HEAVEN wilderness for the last three years, it was terrific to see such a vibrant, upbeat gathering of old and new faces.  Such a great informal raceday atmosphere!  I had a ball on my new vintage steed (TT250) Saturday, a great evening at the presentation in the woolshed Sat night, nice civilised overnight at the salubrious Riverview Motel with Mr McGelligott, and was all set for a bundle of heaven races Sunday when loudish engine noises spoilt the fun.  Mr Muck (as in Muckelligott) kindly thrust his able (and reliable) IT175 at me, which I took to a very competent mid-pack finish in all powers (this was late morning, when the mud was still mushy enough not to rut, but firm enough grip after some nice backwheel steering out of each corner - nice).  I retired on the strength of that, and was home and showered with hot din dins in front of me by six pm.  How good is that? 

- engine noise was just stator plate screw rattling round between flywheel and plate, not valve dumped into top of piston - also nice
- apologies to mr myers, who's kato's ignition got shorted from my mud roost while i was going for it in the 40-49 yr old class Saturday....(not realising that, being on the wrong side of 50, my class was still waiting patiently on the start line.......oh well....was a great dice, that race.....just no points.....)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2011, 07:21:57 PM »
Yes, there was a vintage race at Canowindra. As always a fantastic job by the organisers and everyone else who helped on the day. The track was great, let down only by the wet weather but from what I could see plenty of people still had a ball. The presentation and dinner Saturday night was fantastic, especially getting dessert.

Sunday dawned clearish and sunny though it did cloud over, fortunately the rain held off and the track by all accounts scrubbed up perfectly by the afternoon.

On the whole I think it all went off just brilliantly. Bring on next year!