Author Topic: Quick Shades,The good,bad & the ugly  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Shades,The good,bad & the ugly
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 10:01:29 pm »
I'm with Watto on this subject. I also bought a "Quickshade" (the original brand) for a similar price in the year 2000 and its still going strong after many, many meetings / parties. All parts replaceable too and has strong framework.

This subject is a little similar to "what car should I buy" .... :P

;D

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 10:17:59 am »
so you are saying "Quickshade" equates to "Volvo", then?  ;D

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 10:59:25 am »
Well you can buy a $1,000 quickshade or buy 5 $200 dollar ones.  Will you go through 5 $200 quickshades in your lifetime?

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 01:37:17 pm »
Well you can buy a $1,000 quickshade or buy 5 $200 dollar ones.  Will you go through 5 $200 quickshades in your lifetime?
That depends on where they land :D :D

Taka 100

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 11:01:36 pm »
well ive just bought a fully automated expresso machine for 90 bucks (even grinds the beans) from deals direct to go with my inverter 70 bucks with my big long life battery sitting next to the esky which is next to my banana chair and king single blowup ensemble with automatic pump for 29 bucks a d dont forget the baby webber with a leg of hogget  simmering with rosemary, rock salt  and abc soya sauce to go under my 250 bucks shade so were up to how much???

luxury man luxury , no room for bikes

i think the only things not made in china was the hogget and rosemary

memories of sitting  on a bp 115/145 fuel drum with a hat on  drinking a large bottle of coke and eatin smiths chips arrrrrh  the ambience the aroma , the noise , the lack of bling , all your tools and spares in a 10x 4 " toolbox, man we had it good

ps are mobile phones and computers banned from the pits? I hope so!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:29:22 pm by Taka 100 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 11:49:35 pm »
well ive just bought a fully automated expresso machine for 90 bucks (even grinds the beans) from deals direct to go with my inverter 70 bucks with my big long life battery sitting next to the esky which is next to my banana chair and king single blowup ensemble with automatic pump for 29 bucks a d dont forget the baby webber with a leg of hogget  simmering with rosemary, rock salt  and abc soya sauce to go under my 250 bucks shade so were up to how much???
luxury man luxury , no room for bikes
i think the only things not made in china was the hogget and rosemary
memories of sitting  on a bp 115/145 fuel drum with a hat on  drinking a large bottle of coke and eatin smiths chips arrrrrh  the ambience the aroma , the noise , the lack of bling , all your tools and spares in a 10x 4 " toolbox, man we had it good
ps are mobile phones and computers banned from the pits? I hope so!

any of the above items can also act as balist when the wind picks up.Like Albany on sunday- all the water drums and fuel to keep em tied down against the southerly force  :o  ready for any other Sunday  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:48 am »
Brad Lackey wrote about that exactly in the last VMX Taka ( I can't beleive some one even remembers them-let alone names themselves after one  :D :D :D) There is a page about then and now costs and thumbing lift to a motocross and exactly how far we've come (or not).
I remember getting mum to dump me at the track and then coming back to get me so I could be home to milk the cows ( I couldn't get out of it that easerly :D) mower can of fuel and a toolkit too small for even a decent trailride these days. Ahh those good 'ol days.
Any way-do they call them 'Shades' in NZ or 'rain covers'??

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:54 am »
That depends on where they land :D :D

A $200 quickshade will fly off in the wind just as good as a $1,000 one.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 10:22:28 am »
Taka ( I can't beleive some one even remembers them-let alone names themselves after one  :D :D :D)Any way-do they call them 'Shades' in NZ or 'rain covers'??

I have intentionally dim memory of owning a Tas Taka for $50, correct me if I am wrong but wearn't they rotary disc valve 100cc Kawasaki knock off ..... anyway mine had the endearing habit of having no gearbox stop so you could kick her from flat out in top straight to 1st .

Imagine combining a nice Tas Taka with Trekka ute combo for that retro VMX economy pack.

formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:27 am »
Would you have to ride in your gumboots and Swandry, Marc??

Taka 100

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
bought it brand new from the local ford dealer pride of place in the showroom next to gt falcon thats the one bridgy motor orange and white colour scheme  works up pipe whilst all them there works riders were standing next to their loaded up huskies and bully's kicking the shit outa them i was riding past going to work on my tinny taka, ting ting ting ting ting, then remember what gear your in , always select the last one with caution just incase it was 1st at 35mph, ha ha