Author Topic: RH Suzuki Frame and Engine #?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
RH Suzuki Frame and Engine #?
« on: August 09, 2011, 05:16:55 pm »
Gday does or can someone tell me what are the designated numbers for frames and engines for RH Suzukis?

or any other Early Factory things I should look for that might apply to some TM's?

I wont to know what to look for when I bring home Andy Caldecotts Bikes and go through his shed, all these items will be coming up for sale in the next few weeks, which I will post when I do.

Thanks Rosco

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: RH Suzuki Frame and Engine #?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:56 am »
Rosco perhap you were a tad like me and the anticipation got the better of you , till its in your shed ,thats when we can yell from the forum roof tops.... ;D  :P  ;)

The RH250 letters will be raised up out of the engine and all the other numbers are stamped on for the 75 model..Just look for the sand casting items ..hubs...engine etc and the Miukni carb. VMX magazine #9 has a good article..

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=20155.0
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:56 am »
My recollection was that Andy's TM (as seen on the cover of VMX1) has a RH motor in it.... something about looking at the bike at Ravenswood one year ....anyway....DT would be able to answer def....

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 05:42:41 pm »
Gday just pulled my VMX 1 and definitley Andy on the cover from the VMX Nationals at Ravenswood, as I dont know about the motor, although if you go to page 37 issue one Andy goes to great pains to say his bikes are basically stock, but I know there is RH stuff in is shed.

The reason I asked about numbers and stuff want to know what to look for in his loft and shed A, pulled #9 of VMX and will have a good read again , Thanks for the heads up.

Obviously DT is Dave Tanner going by the TM 400 story page 35/36 Issue 1 of VMX, I would like to hear from him and have a chat if anyone knows how to get in contact with him at [email protected].

Anyone tell me how to add pics to the post? I went to insert image logo and  this keeps coming up (img) (/img) new to this stuff sorry.

Rosco

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:51:06 pm by Rosco »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 06:20:10 pm »
Anyone tell me how to add pics to the post? I went to insert image logo and  this keeps coming up (img) (/img) new to this stuff sorry.
Rosco

DT can be contaced via 211Kawasaki on this forum and how you post pics up is explained here....
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=17785.0

What is your geographical location ?
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 06:51:34 pm »
Gday Allison thanks for the info to the Newbie,

Geographical location is right now in front of computer with a VB while my Roast Beef and Spuds Cook and I catch up with the news and problems of 2 Wheel Passionate Humans, some very Interesting Thoughts and Plenty of Emotion and Blood Flow.

Good Id say,

My only Words are you are Born and Leave this Earth with one thing that will never change your NAME and what you do With It is how you will or not be remembered? RESPECT and MANERS and HONESTY?

Stay Safe and Have a Great Night .

So many stories to share and so little Time

Thanks Rosco, Roast Alarm Calling

Roa

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:52:25 pm »
Rosco i've just emailed you Daves ph number.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:17:19 pm »
Geographical location is right now in front of computer

Cool !! Though it would be a very sad day to see Andy Caldecotts bikes and bits go overseas,not unlike moving a Greeve's Factory to the land down under   ;)   ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!