Author Topic: RM250G '86  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Grunter215

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
RM250G '86
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:04:26 am »
Any RM250 '86 bits out there. Just got rolling frame in pieces.Might build\pass on ??

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RM250G '86
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 03:32:11 pm »
Got to love the "riden" , "brack","throwtle" & "tred" (Sigh/rolleyes) the yoof of today and their loud music ;D ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

firko

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 04:30:57 pm »
Lozza, we'll have to stop agreeing on things :o! One of the jobs I did for ADB was ghost writing and cleaning up the grammar and spelling in pieces written by so-called celebrity riders. These guys may be pretty hot stuff on a bike but their grasp of basic spelling and grammar is atrocious. With Australia having one of the best education systems in the world there is no excuse for the shocking spelling and grammar we see around us every day. There is one particular poster on this forum who needs to spell check his stuff before he posts it. I know he can do an articulate job as he once did a completely mistake free post. The rest of his stuff is disgraceful for an adult. It's not hard. I left school at 14 and probably the only thing I really learned is to spell and articulate properly. I think that the computer and text oriented young people today seem to forget the grammar and spelling they've been taught. Another annoying thing is the tendency of many people today to use text talk in general forum conversation. Shit like LMAO, CULTR and that sort of abreviation is fine when texting but is lazy and looks stupid in a forum or email situation. eBay and many forums are now so full of bad spelling, bad grammar and inapropriate text style abreviations I find it hard to understand much of it.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 04:43:06 pm »
firko i think i know who your talking about...funny thing about it is this guys up around the legend grade and everytime he posts something its always interesting and informative but its takes a while for me too understand what the hell hes on about... im not always perfect too ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 05:59:31 pm by Andrew vmx »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 04:48:29 pm »
firko i wus spelin an articooltin bes i cun chears tim   :D  It is really horrible to see some of the poorly constructed grammar and spelling about . I know I am far from perfect and yes I left school too at fourteen, but you all have spell and grammar check on your computers. Yes it is mostly pure laziness not to correct your boring mistakes if possible.
Umm sorry Kiwi64 I have no parts for you : :-[
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:43:15 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 10:36:08 pm »
In a lot of cases, people simply haven't been taught anything more than the most fundamental of English skills.
With the curriculum full to overflowing thanks to the efforts of virtually every lobby group under the sun, and the need for society to not totally write-off people simply because they lack one academic skill-set*, means that there's no emphasis on things like high-level grammar and punctuation skills.

Funnily enough, in this country at least, adult literacy rates have remained roughly stable across generations.

The perception that the Spotty Yoof are particularly inept, is largely due to simple inexperience.

*Ah yes, one of the educational wonders my generation lived through was the need to introduce communication skills into every subject - oral presentations in Maths, creative writing in Geography... All in response to the age-old whinge about how This Generation of Spotty Yoof are Sub-literate and Something Must Be Done.  ::)
Of course, this meant that if your written and/or oral skills weren't great, or you were just shy, then you'd run a very real risk of failing every subject, irrespective of how good you are at that subject...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.