Author Topic: Ghost Town?  (Read 13482 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Town?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:20 am »
I mean it is easy to strut about in cyber space and be bully.... I get more than a little bothered about my mates like Firko having shit put on them. In fact pretty emotional .... these guys who stir people up have to remember that one day you may have to deal with people for real ..... big emotional New Zealand people.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 12:34:26 pm »
Has this forum become like a ghost town?
If you think this forum is a ghost town go and join some of the others [ names not mentioned ].
Some of them are lucky to get 5 posts a WEEK. :o
Just checked one I'me on and they have had ONE post today. :o
I rekon this one is doing pretty good :)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »
The guys a Feckin Clown, end of story
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »
If you think this forum is a ghost town go and join some of the others [ names not mentioned ].
Some of them are lucky to get 5 posts a WEEK. :o
Just checked one I'me on and they have had ONE post today. :o
I rekon this one is doing pretty good :)
Mike i don't know what other forums you look on but if you go onto VitalMX or MXtrax they have a lot more posts than this one and all about dirt bikes and no political crap..
This forum has slid downhill a long way from where it was for actual vintage motocross content and a lot of the Qld vmx guys i know don't bother with it anymore for that reason.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 03:45:45 pm »
I miss some of our past characters and I'm pissed off that some were forced out.
If anyone knows a past contributor, please let them know that it's safe to come back.
I agree with the point you're making SlideRulz.. A lot of the people that were rich in vmx knowledge and many of the guys right into their vintage racing don't bother coming on here anymore.
The forum is still busy but the content has changed..

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 03:51:22 pm »
This forum has slid downhill a long way from where it was for actual vintage motocross content and a lot of the Qld vmx guys i know don't bother with it anymore for that reason.
Absolutely right so why don't you and the missing Queenslanders do something about the problem and start contributing? It's all very well to whinge about the downfall but if you're not contributing good, interesting stuff you're a part of the problem. I'm not totally singling you out John, I know you're dealing with your own issues and that you've contributing positively to our sport for yonks but surely you could help out? Why not show us some of your lovely bike collection or some technical know how? What about rallying those Queenslanders to contribute?

It's no good sitting back waiting for someone else to do it. I was genuinely disillusioned when I left but soon realised that OZVMX was the best means of communication our sports got and that it was never going to return to it's former glory unless some of us did our bit. Those other forums are modern MX oriented so you'd expect them to have a strong following. At its peak this was the best vintage forum on the 'net and it can be again if we all do our bit. Sitting on our collective milk crates waiting for 'Mr Somebody Else' to fix the problem just 'ain't gonna cut it.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 04:14:12 pm »
That's exactly the point I was trying to make.
I'd like to see the return of the positive contributors who drifted away, for whatever reason.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »
I understand what you're saying Firko and on several occasions when i've posted photos or commented on cool vintage mx topics the thread has been buried so quickly by some non vmx rubbish that after a while you go WTF and move to another website that's full of the stuff you like and that's exactly what's happened here. Hopefully that will change in time.
When i've fully recovered i'll make an effort to post up some stuff on my bikes and some cool bike builds i've got lined up :) 

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 05:01:06 pm »
has anyone come up with a wiring diagram for my DT 400, nup

so how vintage is this site now, it's not

I do need a diagram, but after posts in 4 areas of the forum and only 2 maybes( one with gun attached) I beg the ?

Its not a ghost town, but its the dribble, so I will have to agree with John.

Cheers Worms

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 05:46:23 pm »
Worms I have a manual for a DT250a would the wiring diagram from that work?  I'm hoping not, because then I'll have to find it.  It should be with my other manuals unless Murphy has borrowed it.

Now you blokes have wasted two pages winging about Nimmo, and the forum going downhil, when you could of been talking bikes.  Don't lower the forum further by winging about it, that would be worse than a carbon tax thread. ;D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »
Sorry Worms, had a look this arvo and all I've got are diagrams for DT125s and 175s...

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 05:56:43 pm »
So is the wiring for the 125, 175 250, 400 all different?  I would assume that for ease of production they would of kept it all simialar.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 06:44:03 pm »
thanks for the replies, looks like there was different wire codes from 76 on, so I really need the 77 or 78 one, and I think all models, 125,250,400 all ran the same, I have used all the search engines I can think of, but absolutely nothing for this model, well there's one but you cant read the thing ???

Cheers Worms

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 06:56:03 pm »
If they are all the same maybe I CAN help, cos my manual covers up to 1980 I think. I'll have a look later...

Offline dalesween

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »
Yeah the feeling for a newbie or someone outside the "circle" is not a great feeling, i have been around for a while, hav'nt posted much as i dont have a deep knowledge of older bikes and any technical questions are answered pretty quick by others, although it does'nt mean i dont have the same passion for these bikes.When i asked for a little help ,as in where i could find a YZ80 rear wheel i never even got one reply, not even one lead, i have found one after alot of searching, phonecalls etc but the lack of intrest was a tad dissapointing, anyway i still look on here because there is a wealth of knowledge and i am learning alot, from an "outsiders" point of view some of the arguments were just laughable,people too scared to post picks of their rebuilds because they are too scared it will get the shit picked out of it, anyway, i enjoy the site and hope it moves in a positive direction in the future, as in things to do with old dirt bikes.

cheers Dale.