Author Topic: Ghost Town?  (Read 13461 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Town?
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:03 am »
This post started out wondering where everyone had gorn then it morphed into a discussion on many different things.
Bullies , posts going off track , posts about things other than vmx.

I was thinking about what my mates and I [ and strangers]  discussed while sitting around the campfire [ in the rain ] at CD8.
We talked about the bikes we'd seen , the height some nut jobs were getting over drunks , how the sidecar riders were going to get the mud off , how nice the trumpy sounded , how quick the big KX was, where to get parts , we took the piss out of each others riding and bikes , we talked about the past , mates who had died , mates who had done well , mates who had grown up [ sad ] , we talked about the future , taxes , shelas , our kids.
Yep pretty much what is talked about here :)
We enjoyed the company of like minded people and listened to their views on things that really didn't interest us because they were mates.
And the problem is?
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 08:40:51 am »
is it as simple as " you will agree with me and I wont let up till you do"

the differance between being a smart-arse and having a joke is when it becomes personal, like the judgement of others re it be, freindship or what bike they ride or even the jealousy of others collections.

the judgement of freindship did it for me!

thanks to all the responses for the dt400, no luck though and sorry for all the thread hijacks.

Cheers Trev, Worms

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:02 am »
    I think things will pick up on the Forum now all all the Crap on G.W   and G.F.C have been nipped in the bud perhaps a couple of forum

Moderators to censor some of the things posted would be a good
    move especially on personal attacks..
    Poppy..

Get ready for GFC part 2.... nothing much stays nipped in the bud for long around here.

Regarding personnel attacks the forum is a bit self regulating where the idiots eventually get squeezed out without anything as draconian as excessive moderation.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:45 am »
Irony, ah, I love Irony - 25% of the traffic on this forum is from people who don't start thread, who don't contribute, complaining about the content of the forum ::). Ah, go figure. ;D

Irony, ah, I love Irony ;D.

As my dear old uneducated but very very wise Mum use to say, "people who complain say more about themselves than the people they complain of" ;).

Irony, ah, I love Irony  ;D

Welcome to the forum, welcome to democracy, welcome to the Real World  :-*

Have a great day guys 8).

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 10:54:22 am »
Like most people here, I have seen the forum go downhill big time in the last couple years. At one stage it was just totally out of control and people were being really nasty to each other. I did not like all the arguments and personal attacks and threats being dished out. I have become very close to leaving on numerous occasions because I got tired of the totally un-relevant information being posted and all the insults, personal attacks, threats etc. I always thought ‘General discussion’ was for bike related stuff for example asking if someone can transport some parts for you or maybe letting others know about a bike show on TV or anything bike related that does not fit into one of the other categories and not pages and pages of political stuff. No other bike forums have that so why does this one? I also got sick of receiving annoying, threatening and insulting PM’s and emails which pushed me into almost leaving but there is always a part of me that just cant bare to let go. In the end I decided to stay for the time being but have reduced my postings and vist other foums a bit more instead. I think appointing moderators and a zero tolerance to bad behaviour is a step in the right direction now which will be welcomed by many. I think for a while some people thought they could get away with anything on here and took advantage of Graemes laid back approach. I can understand how some people can feel intimidated on here too. It remains to be seen if OZvmx can return to its glory days of a few years ago.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 11:43:47 am »
Irony, ah, I love Irony - 25% of the traffic on this forum is from people who don't start thread, who don't contribute, complaining about the content of the forum . Ah, go figure.

Irony, ah, I love Irony .

As my dear old uneducated but very very wise Mum use to say, "people who complain say more about themselves than the people they complain of" .

Irony, ah, I love Irony 

Welcome to the forum, welcome to democracy, welcome to the Real World   

Have a great day guys .

Meaning? Are you saying that the people complaining have no grounds for complaint? Are you saying that it's OK to be continuously bullied and slagged for no reason?

Oh...I forgot, you thought Nimmo's attacks were funny.
    GO FIGURE!
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TM BILL

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 12:32:12 pm »
Like most people here, I have seen the forum go downhill big time in the last couple years. At one stage it was just totally out of control and people were being really nasty to each other. dont read those post if they upset you I did not like all the arguments and personal attacks and threats being dished out. I have become very close to leaving on numerous occasions because I got tired of the totally un-relevant information being posted and all the insults, personal attacks, threats etc. I always thought ‘General discussion’ was for bike related stuff for example asking if someone can transport some parts for you or maybe letting others know about a bike show on TV or anything bike related that does not fit into one of the other categories and not pages and pages of political stuff.generally this things are posted in GB in their own seperate threads , not for you then ignore those threads ;) No other bike forums have that so why does this one? because its the best on the net I also got sick of receiving annoying, threatening and insulting PM’s and emails Best option there is to copy and paste and out those who threaten you to the general populus , bullies are generally cowards at heart and dont like being outed. Iv'e been a member of this site since the off and i cant say iv'e ever been threatened on line , if i was i will out them for the world to see and deal with any issues they have with me when we meet in person which pushed me into almost leaving but there is always a part of me that just cant bare to let go.Because you know its the best on the web  ;) In the end I decided to stay for the time being but have reduced my postings and vist other foums a bit more instead. Broadens the mind Lieth I think appointing moderators and a zero tolerance to bad behaviour is a step in the right direction now which will be welcomed by many. I think for a while some people thought they could get away with anything on here and took advantage of Graemes laid back approach. I can understand how some people can feel intimidated on here too. It remains to be seen if OZvmx can return to its glory days of a few years ago.

Bullying aside all the other whinges people have i think are just that , its a public forum FFS  ::) When you go to a pub or restaraunt do you expect the place to be filled with people exactly like you who think the same with the same morals and vices , who eat what your eating and drink what your drinking  :o this is not a dig at you lieth its aimed at all who come on here moaning that the forum is not just as they like it .
Personally i would love it if all we talked about was racing restoring partying and plenty of graphic images of women you can only dream of parking your shoes under their beds  ;D

But obviously that would be unacceptable to some people , so i just enjoy whats on here and contribute what i can , suggest the whiners do the same before Graeme says fork it why do i bother  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 12:35:40 pm by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 01:25:40 pm »
This post started out wondering where everyone had gorn then it morphed into a discussion on many different things.
Bullies , posts going off track , posts about things other than vmx.

I was thinking about what my mates and I [ and strangers]  discussed while sitting around the campfire [ in the rain ] at CD8.
We talked about the bikes we'd seen , the height some nut jobs were getting over drunks , how the sidecar riders were going to get the mud off , how nice the trumpy sounded , how quick the big KX was, where to get parts , we took the piss out of each others riding and bikes , we talked about the past , mates who had died , mates who had done well , mates who had grown up [ sad ] , we talked about the future , taxes , shelas , our kids.
Yep pretty much what is talked about here :)
We enjoyed the company of like minded people and listened to their views on things that really didn't interest us because they were mates.
And the problem is?

No problem at all!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2011, 02:30:23 pm »
Personally i would love it if all we talked about was racing restoring partying and plenty of graphic images of women you can only dream of parking your shoes under their beds  ;D

picking up what you are putting down Bill

formerly Marc.com

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2011, 02:37:48 pm »
Wow,thats absolutely stunning.
The chick in the background ain't too shabby either. ;)

Cheers,Mark.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:18 pm »
Mark nice pit babe next time put a bike in the photo!!
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

TM BILL

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2011, 03:11:52 pm »

picking up what you are putting down Bill

MATE  ;D ;D ;D ;D thats what im talking about  ;)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:39 pm »
How'd you get that picture of my little love bunny Shari Lee Marc? I left alone to look after the bike for one minute while I went off to collect my winners trophy and next I know she's all over the forum. Hmmmph! >:(
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2011, 03:40:55 pm »
No wonder your knees are knackered Firko :P

mx250

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:35 pm »
Irony, ah, I love Irony - 25% of the traffic on this forum is from people who don't start thread, who don't contribute, complaining about the content of the forum . Ah, go figure.

Irony, ah, I love Irony .

As my dear old uneducated but very very wise Mum use to say, "people who complain say more about themselves than the people they complain of" .

Irony, ah, I love Irony 

Welcome to the forum, welcome to democracy, welcome to the Real World   

Have a great day guys .

Meaning? Are you saying that the people complaining have no grounds for complaint? Are you saying that it's OK to be continuously bullied and slagged for no reason?

Oh...I forgot, you thought Nimmo's attacks were funny.
    GO FIGURE!
No Firko, that is not the meaning. The title of the thread is "Ghost Town?", and I quite clearly talk of "the traffic on this forum" and "complaining about the content of the forum". So there's no way what I said could be construed as condoning bulling, inappropriate behaviour, bad taste or even bad manners.

I have never said I think Nimmo's attacks on anyone were funny. What I have said was "Come on 43, you obviously know the guy, and know him well. Yes he is probably all of the things you say. But he is also one of the funniest guys on here, along with Rudy.  He has a quick wit, a sharp tongue, a Shakespearean 'turn of phrase' and a great sense of humour." That is very different from condoning any personal attack be it couched in humour or not.