Author Topic: Ghost Town?  (Read 13462 times)

Curly3

Ghost Town?
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »
Has this forum become like a ghost town?
I miss some of our past characters and I'm pissed off that some were forced out.
If anyone knows a past contributor, please let them know that it's safe to come back.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Town?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:05 pm »
Who was forced out? Everyone I know who's left has bailed out on his own account. The guys missing that I've spoken to had had enough of the shitfights and cyber bullies and felt that the forum has lost its focus. I only cam back because I came to realise the forum can still be a valuable communication asset for our sport and since I've come back to the team have tried to get people to post stuff about old dirt bikes and leave the politics to Global Warming Sceptics.com. I'd love to see guys like Doc, Shoey, Tony T, Wombat and the other missing notables come back. What I don't want to see back here are the cyber bullies and smart arses with personal hate agendas. Nobody should have to put up with the kind of nastiness that some of us have had thrown at us in the past.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:39:56 pm »
Forums are like puddles in a car park but i try and stay in the deep end
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:46:23 pm »
Okay, I used the wrong word.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only trying to open up the debate to try to get some of the good guy's back.
I'd like to think I've read your reply wrongly Mark?
This may be the prime example of how someones comments could be taken the wrong way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:49:58 pm by SlideRulz »

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:03:23 pm »
Okay, I used the wrong word.
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm only trying to open up the debate to try to get some of the good guy's back.
I'd like to think I've read your reply wrongly Mark?
This may be the prime example of how someones comments could be taken the wrong way.

Evil Rudy and Nimmos banning disenchanted a few of their Mates .

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:06:04 am »
Evil Rudy and Nimmos banning disenchanted a few of their Mates .
Let's get one phurphy out of the way right now.ROSS NIMMO IS NOT BANNED FROM THIS FORUM. His disappearance from the forum is totally of his own doing. He removed his own posts, nobody else did. The only banning was for the short lived phony account called FAAARRRKKK Nimmo set up purely to make fun of me. If Mr Nimmo's mates think that's funny well you all need to have a good hard look at yourselves.

I'm not sure of Evil Rudy's status but I doubt he's banned. I know and like Rudy and know most of his mates in this sport and you can bet your sweet bippy that his non appearance on the forum has zero to do with the downturn in forum activity, the reverse is probably closer to the truth.

I suspect that this pair of troublemakers have done more towards people moving away from the forum than any other reason.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:08:30 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 08:18:21 am »
ross nimmo is banned from this foum his ip is banned

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 08:23:44 am »
 after the photo incedent/get your facts right he allready removed all his posts then changed his name ,then he posted (again) a un edited photo off you at broadford
from rossEvery time I try to go on the forum this comes up.....

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Loin chops, you are banned from using this forum!
Fake account used to denigrate another user

It's locking my computer out. Did you draw attention to Loin chops?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:38:08 am by paul »

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 08:33:37 am »
I think sometimes less is more, the forum is still good, i have even learnt a lot over the last week. Wher else woulld i have seen the beautiful Replica RC125 of E74...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

mx250

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:05:11 am »
I think sometimes less is more, the forum is still good, i have even learnt a lot over the last week. Wher else woulld i have seen the beautiful Replica RC125 of E74...
Brett
;) :)

It's the World's greatest democracy - it will work itself out ;) :).

Don't take it personal and ignore those threads, posts or posters you don't like - too easy.

In democracy no one has more power than the power you give them. 

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 09:28:41 am »
Hey Firko hows the IT coming along , did you fire her up yet?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 09:49:20 am »
I asked Nimmo about not seeing him on the forum a few weeks ago at the last Viper event. He said that he must be banned as he can't get on the forum , even for alook.
Evil Rudy was banned after he flew off the handle at another forum member.He came back for a short while under the name Nice Rudy to defend himself and then disappeared.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:06 am »
If Nimmo's banned it's because he created a fake profile just to be especially rude to someone. I banned that profile and the IP address. If he did it from his home computer, and I am not saying he did, then that's why he's banned. ER was banned for physically threatening people, including me. I actually like having characters like that around, but sadly you let em go and they end up crapping in their own nest.

Ghost town? Nah, I disagree. Sure the characters change, but the forum is still a great melting pot of people and information. I've said it before though, times change. The VMX scene is a little different now, with different characters and I think a different flavour. It's also not 'new' in the way it once was. Even I find myself at events like CD8 going "hohum, more old dirtbikes". But people move on. Not everyone stays in a scene forever.

One thing that I really thought would take off on the Ning site was blogs. Somewhere people could write longer stories about themselves, their history, events etc. Maybe a race report or whatever. But it just didn't fly, instead it gets used as a sort of pretend forum where people post questions or requests for info. In some ways I think I should just make the Ning site an international site and fire up its own forum, and keep this forum as OzVMX. Then we wouldn't have this sort of separation we have at the moment. Trouble is, I can't rename either of them!

Regardless, I still think this forum is a good one with lots of interesting discussion, information, and images.  Maybe we should just do less complaining and do more enjoying?

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 11:08:22 am »
after the photo incedent/get your facts right he allready removed all his posts then changed his name ,then he posted (again) a un edited photo off you at broadford
Paul, my facts are fully spot on. The only reason that Nimmo posted that fat boy photo of me is to take the piss at my being overweight. Yep, I'm a fat guy, so what? However, I don't need people like Nimmo setting up complete accounts purely to take a cheap shot at me. Why would he have yet another unflattering shot of me as his avatar or list his phony email address as as [email protected]? That was the act that tipped the balance over the edge. Then, for some bizarre reason he removed every post he's done over the last five plus years ???. When I left the forum my old posts were still up there as I've got nothing to be ashamed of and much to be proud of so I didn't mind it remaining online. Nimmo's total removal of everything asks more questions on his bizarre behaviour than anythine else.

This has been going on for five fuc*ing years, both on and off the forum and quite frankly I've had more than enough. I've never met Nimmo and for the life of me have no idea why he seems to have taken me on as his hate poster boy. It's as if he was on a divine mission to get under my skin and guess what, after five years it finally worked. I've had enough of the sick little prick and I'm not going to put up with it any more. I wonder how any of his "mates" would handle the five plus years of smart arse inuendo I've copped from him and his stupid lap dog? It eventually wears you down. My current health issues have left me with a very diminished mojo so I'm not going to take Nimmo's bullshit any more.

If you think it's just me being a bit precious you should have seen the ill informed, evil shit the little prick spewed about VMX magazine, Clasic Dirt and those who promote it that was quickly removed from the forum after some legal threats. Add his bizarre rants at Jeff over his opinions on Montesa history and regular cheap shots at anyone he perceives to be "good 'ol boys" and you have a sad little man with one big chip on his shoulder.

To quote stressed out newsreader Howard Beale (Peter Finch) in the classic movie, Network.....
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more". ;)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 11:38:33 am »
FWIW, Rudy was unbanned from Retrodirtbike, but hasn't made a reappearance there either.

Personally, my level of enthusiasm for the whole old bike scene is pretty low ATM, despite the forum.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.