Author Topic: Australia Post is Useless!!!!  (Read 6723 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Australia Post is Useless!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:22:22 pm »
Was it by 'Deutsche Post' or DHL? I think there are 2 DHL methods too. There is a real quick (and expensive) one you can track and it ends up comming to me via a courier and then i have had another DHL that comes via the normal routes and is slower and delivered by AP. If you want cheap post from Germany you gotta ask fot 'Deutcshe Post Welt Packet' That seems the cheapest by far. General rule of thumb if its not gonna fit in your letter box then it will most likely cost a decent amount. Thats what i have found  from Germany anyway. One thing i have noticed a lot from Germany and not just German ebay, but a lot of sellers do not pack stuff very well at all and i oftern have packages breaking open by the time they arrive here. Yesterday i had a big order of some German bike parts arrive and the box was soaking wet and collapsing. There was a sticker on there  from AP saying it arrived in that condition in Sydney. I think the plane must of been leaking ???
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »
Women and Post  are 2 things we will never understand and never will be.

Not so Davey Boy there is an outside chance of understanding the Post, But Sheila's ....no bloody hope.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 07:32:08 pm »
Sorry Tony but the only problem I have had with Aus Post is posting delicate items to western Sydney.
Apparently they like to throw them around down there. :o
I have learn,t to insure .
Every where else , not a problem.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 07:57:57 pm »
the only problem I have had with Aus Post is posting delicate items

They probably ended up in the same truck as my pipes ;D :D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline IT490K1983

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 08:27:23 pm »
On the subject of postage; would it seem reasonable to be asked to pay $200 for regular postage of 4 x radiator shrouds and 2 x sideplates from Indianna to QLD, Australia with US Postal Service? I thought it was a bit rich at the time as the parts were only valued at $270 even though the value of the parts has no bearing on postage costs unless insurance is included. I didn't even bother getting the parts, even though they were quite well priced. One always seems to come back to the same question; are sellers making money out of postage as well as bike parts?

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:29:50 pm »
Aust POST COD SUX!!!
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 08:39:25 am »
On the subject of postage; would it seem reasonable to be asked to pay $200 for regular postage of 4 x radiator shrouds and 2 x sideplates from Indianna to QLD, Australia with US Postal Service? I thought it was a bit rich at the time as the parts were only valued at $270 even though the value of the parts has no bearing on postage costs unless insurance is included. I didn't even bother getting the parts, even though they were quite well priced. One always seems to come back to the same question; are sellers making money out of postage as well as bike parts?

Too much. I had a radiator for a Cadillac Fedexed out to me in 4 days for $150. I think I got screwed $50 on the postage as it was marked $100 on the box, but was happy that I got it so quick.

Some Ebay sellers will mark up postage for a profit margin.  I think some websites use a postage calculator that is either way out of wack or they want heavy compensation to ship O.S.

In those cases I use a forwarding company like Comgateway or shipito. Most places often have free shipping in the U.S.  I wanted two flywheels that were quoted $145 postage, I had them sent to Comgateway who sent them to me for $45.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:08 am »
I wish something could be done to stop sellers profiting on shipping.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 09:55:14 am »
I agree with the postage rort on ebay, you can see the same item from the same seller with two different prices but the cheaper one always has a higher postage cost, so the end result is the same  ???

I bought a set of leathers from Germany last year and postage was 21 euro ($30), it would have cost more to send it from Brisbane to Sydney with aust post....

Simo63

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:23 am »
I bought a set of leathers from Germany last year and postage was 21 euro ($30), it would have cost more to send it from Brisbane to Sydney with aust post....

From Germany??  Were they the special leathers that you wear to the Blue Oyster bar  :D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 10:44:39 am »

I've found that in many cases the eBay seller is inexperienced at shipping overseas so they use the USPS online shipping calculator to find out the shipping costs. The calculator is notoriously inaccurate ( on the high side naturally) but the sellers don't know that and go by what it tells them. When you question the high shipping fees, mentioning that the calculator is way out of whack, many sellers will take the item to the post office and get the correct fee. Of course you often get the arrogant wanker who refuses to play fair but in my 964 transactions over 10 years I've found the majority of American sellers are prepared to get the best deal for you. You just have to ask.

I had a radiator for a Cadillac Fedexed out to me in 4 days for $150. I think I got screwed $50 on the postage as it was marked $100 on the box, but was happy that I got it so quick.
I buy most of my Jeep parts from the USA because of the extraordinarily high mark up on parts from my 'friendly' local Jeep dealer. I recently stuffed an electric window winder and rather than pay $400+ here paid $39.95 from a dealer in California who Fed-Exed it for $80 and I had it in three days. I was still way in front and got it quicker than through my local dealer ("on back order, it'll take a week or so"...yeah right ). If you need something as soon as possible and don't mind paying double for shipping, Fed-Ex is brilliant.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:37 am »

From Germany??  Were they the special leathers that you wear to the Blue Oyster bar  :D

Did you want the website I ordered them from to get yourself a set  ;D

I was looking for a particular brand that would fit me better and the australian distributer wanted $1400 but I found a site that had them on special for $450, but even the standard price was about $800  8) 

Don't know how their MX pricing compares.  The site even has an english translation button and a $A currency conversion button and you get the VAT back at checkout.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectID=2587640&Currency=AUD