Author Topic: Did a search ....................  (Read 3755 times)

mx250

Re: Did a search ....................
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 11:25:13 am »
While I'm in awe of Cadels amazing ride, it hasn't hit me with the gusto the hype would suggest.
It takes 2 or 3 weeks to reach its crescendo - I tend to nod off and lose my focus over that period of time.

And left wondering, 'Are these guys insane, torturing their bodies over that amount of time? Should they be admired or locked up as insane. ::)' - a bit like the racers at the IOM :P.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 01:56:13 pm »
I get a bigger rush every time we beat New Zealand at anything. ;D
Don't get many rushes then, matey? ;D ;D

TooFastTim

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 03:22:15 pm »

Cadel Evans, what an outstanding Australian and role model for our kids.

Hmm, people "ïn the know", tell me that that sport is riddled with drugs. Not sure that's the role model you want for your kids.

*note* that probably everybody in the TdF is using drugs makes it a level playing field and in no way detracts form Evans' performance.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 04:03:03 pm »
Tim whilst it's true that international cycling has had big doping problems in the past and has not been a suitable role model for kids by a long shot none the less the UCI is working hard to clean it up. I too know some people "in the know" and there has never been a hint of drug scandal around Cadel and I think perhaps you may want to have a think about your post. Also for the record one dodgy Russian was excluded this year and not the whole field. For what it's worth Cadel was a "role model" for my son when he started his mountain bike career 10 years ago and we hold him in high regard. Jerry

TooFastTim

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 04:11:12 pm »
Jerry, I'm in no way detracting from his performance, indeed I stand in awe. The problem is that whole sport is tainted.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 04:39:29 pm »
I read Cadel is sports obsessed.  HE weight eveythign he eats and drink to the calorie and then has a training programme that accounts for every calorie, he whole life has been about one thing winning and at this stage in his life the TDF was the everest.  I think its a lesson in perserverance.  In a society with me now and instante gratification, its these kinda sport stars that spend there whole life day after day with one singular focus that amazes me. like the Olympians who wait for 4 years just for sin some cases a 9 second chance to be there best, or who miss by ten thousenths of a second, or ten thousanths of a mm to the left at some point in there event, yet will battle on for another 4 year day in day out to give it any try.....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 04:56:24 pm »
I would be very, very surprised if Cadel had used any type of performance enhancer at any stage of his career.
Dogged persistance is his enhancment.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 05:04:36 pm »
Tim the sport has been tainted by "drug scum" of that there is no question but Cadels reputation is squeaky clean and he is on the record as being totally disgusted by drug cheats and as such is a role model and should be applauded for that and for giving a fantastic sport thats been dragged through the mud some positive news. There's a lot of armchair experts out there using their own drugs (tobacco and alcohol) sitting in judgement of people who are actually doing something with their lives. Jerry

Offline curly001

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:49 pm »
MX I don't know if it's the oldtimers starting to kick in or as the the operator said to Homer J Simpson " the fingers you are using are too big for this keypad.

Mark I stop following the Bunnies when they were taken over By Holmes Acourt and moved the home games to Homebush. Really had the fans in mind with that move.( it was for the dollars. Cost souths nothing to play at ANZ but the NRL were charging over $80,000 a game at Telstra Stadium)