Poll

Have you seen this one before   Rare

Actors Rides
1 (100%)
Cheney GP 468
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Classic 1966 GP Cheney BSA 468 cc Steve McQueens For Sale eBay Now  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
eBay Item # 330586002999

OK people this bike now has a Big Story behind It and I'm sorry I didn't know about this until I finally got hold of Dave after his 24 hr Race on the weekend. Dave cant confirm this , but the following is the story and the reason he purchased the bike in 2003. Again Dave cant confirm but given time you could probably track the proof down from the US maybe.

Those of you in the Industry know Dave and myself and we are not about to do story time for the sake of all the speculation and putting our names at risk, but again the following is Dave's account of now a real Classic previously owned by Steve McQueen the legend Actor.

The bike started out as works GP 440, it was built for Keith Hickman and was one of the first Cheney BSA's.

Steve McQueen was a friend to Eric Cheney and used his frames on his Truimphs, when he was racing in the US. Steve saw this bike in the UK and brought it back to the US. Steve had to come to Australia to promote one of his Movie's and the bike came with him as a promo Tool, hence the Original sideplates had Bronco on them, we think his nick name.

After the movie promo the bike was donated to a charity Auction in QLD, it was won by someone in SA, who promptly put bike up for sale in a bike shop. The guy that brought it in 1978 and had it up untill Dave brought it in 2003. Dave had intentions of a full rebuild ,but like most projects and Dave's Dakar comitments have come first.

OK thats it Dave has been very hesitant to say anything about this as he cant prove it, and to all of you we cant answer any more questions about the above story, but Im sure with enough research the above story can be proven, and some other people here in Aus would know the story.

Dont miss out on the is Beautiful Bike with a Colourful Past.

P.S go to this web site and view story on Vintage Bike        http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/pictures/cheney-bsa-gp44/

Rosco Holden on behalf of Dave Schwarz.

This bike has had a couple of races's Pre- 65 , but is a BSA Cheney 66 GP 468 CC.

Dave only raced it twice.

Frame # 61

Eng # B44/104

Bike is located in Adelaide Hills, SA

This is a reluctant sale but will assist Dave Schwarz enter and compete in the jan 2012 ,

Argentina,Lima,Chile,Peru Dakar

This is a genuine BSA Cheney and a Rare Classic

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic 1966 GP Cheney BSA 468 cc Steve McQueens For Sale eBay Now
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:44:31 pm »
eBay Item # 330586002999

OK people this bike now has a Big Story behind It and I'm sorry I didn't know about this until I finally got hold of Dave after his 24 hr Race on the weekend. Dave cant confirm this , but the following is the story and the reason he purchased the bike in 2003. Again Dave cant confirm but given time you could probably track the proof down from the US maybe.

Those of you in the Industry know Dave and myself and we are not about to do story time for the sake of all the speculation and putting our names at risk, but again the following is Dave's account of now a real Classic previously owned by Steve McQueen the legend Actor.

The bike started out as works GP 440, it was built for Keith Hickman and was one of the first Cheney BSA's.

Steve McQueen was a friend to Eric Cheney and used his frames on his Truimphs, when he was racing in the US. Steve saw this bike in the UK and brought it back to the US. Steve had to come to Australia to promote one of his Movie's and the bike came with him as a promo Tool, hence the Original sideplates had Bronco on them, we think his nick name.

After the movie promo the bike was donated to a charity Auction in QLD, it was won by someone in SA, who promptly put bike up for sale in a bike shop. The guy that brought it in 1978 and had it up untill Dave brought it in 2003. Dave had intentions of a full rebuild ,but like most projects and Dave's Dakar comitments have come first.

OK thats it Dave has been very hesitant to say anything about this as he cant prove it, and to all of you we cant answer any more questions about the above story, but Im sure with enough research the above story can be proven, and some other people here in Aus would know the story.

P.S go to this web site and view story on Vintage Bike        http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/pictures/cheney-bsa-gp44/

This bike has had a couple of races's Pre- 65 , but is a BSA Cheney 66 GP 468 CC.

Frame # 61

Eng # B44/104

This is a reluctant sale but will assist Dave Schwarz enter and compete in the jan 2012 ,

Had heaps of questions and there is a lot of intresest and heading towards a 100 watchers so tomorrow afternoon should be interesting.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »
watchers mean nothing  ::)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 05:13:23 pm »
watchers mean nothing  ::)

Tell Peeping Toms That before they bid on their Jollys'

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 05:30:19 pm »
eBay Item # 330586002999

Frame # 61

Eng # B44/104

Had heaps of questions and there is a lot of intresest and heading towards a 100 watchers so tomorrow afternoon should be interesting.
its a good story .told by a masterfull story teller. ;)

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 07:12:03 pm »
Rosco , I'm  sad to say without proof to me it's just another bike forsale. The onus is up to the seller to prove it was indeed  Steve Mc Queens bike, Not the buyer .

Hence     quote    " Dave has been very Hesitant to say anything about this as he can't prove it " unquote 

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 07:27:01 pm »
Im with old fart ,its up to the Owner to prove history,otherwise its just another nice bike.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina